PDA

View Full Version : question about 5% pulley

speed95
02-19-2005, 04:17 AM
I just bought a 5% pulley and installed it. When I drove it afterwards it seemed like I lost some power. When i floored it the boost gage only went to 5 or 6. What could this be? It's a 95 with gutted cats, no resonator, and flowmasters. Could this be a problem? I read that with a more flowing exhaust it will lose boost but gain power but I'm not getting these results. With the stock pulley on I could roast the tires at 40mph and now it wont even chirp them. I know that there isnt any leaks in the system because I just had it checked out not to long ago. Please let me know some input-Chris

91supacoop
02-19-2005, 04:27 AM
I just bought a 5% pulley and installed it. When I drove it afterwards it seemed like I lost some power. When i floored it the boost gage only went to 5 or 6. What could this be? It's a 95 with gutted cats, no resonator, and flowmasters. Could this be a problem? I read that with a more flowing exhaust it will lose boost but gain power but I'm not getting these results. With the stock pulley on I could roast the tires at 40mph and now it wont even chirp them. I know that there isnt any leaks in the system because I just had it checked out not to long ago. Please let me know some input-Chris
Belt slippage? Have you checked the length of your belt? tighten the belt all the way?