Motorcraft part number confusion

AlanEdwards

I found some double platinum Motorcraft plugs at Autozone for $25.92 out the door. My confusion is that the correct plug is Motorcraft part number AWSF34PP, but Autozone says they have Motorcraft part number AGSF34PP. Is there a difference between the "W" and the "G" in the Motorcraft part number? Thanks for any help.

Alan

Last edited:
plugs

i was told that the only replacement for the awsf34pp was agsf34fm the stock number is 6104. thats all i know, just thought i would throw that out there.

blue94sc said:
Hey Alan. Nice 94 Sc!
There was a recent article with more on plug numbers...
Go here.

Spark Plug Question

I believe that they will work fine.
Bill

Blue94SC and TC88, thanks for the spark plug info, and thanks for the compliment Blue. I wanted a white SC since '89 and found this pearl white SC a few months ago on eBay and jumped on it.

Another question though: I have found both Motorcraft plugs, the AWSF34PP as well as its replacement, the AGSF34FM. I've been recommended to go with the original, the PP. The biggest difference is the "fine wire" to the electrode in the FM. Is there anyone that knows which I should go with? Thanks for your help.

I have seen threads where people have had problems with the fine wire plugs.
There has been no real issue with the PP plugs as far as I remember.
On the Motorcraft web site they list the AWSF34PP as double platinum plugs.
They list the AGSF34FM as an alternative platinum plug.
Not sure if it is double platinum or not.
Here's another thread where XR7Dave lists some of the pulgs used on the SC's.

Spark Plugs
Bill

It appears that the AWSF34PP plugs are becoming harder and harder to find. So far, I've struck out on getting them at RockAuto and AutoPartsGiant.com. Both places had them listed in their online catalog, but when I tried to order them, they didn't have them. RockAuto wanted to replace them with AGSF34FM plugs, which is listed as the alternate Motorcraft plugs. They are only single platinum.

Maybe just having one side with platinum is all that is needed? I am assuming that "single platinum" means that only one side of the spark plug is platinum tipped. I would also assume that it is the electrode side. I thought the platinum was on the plugs just to make them last longer. Now that I know how to change them within three hours from the top (I like to take my time), I am not worried about putting in double platinum vs single platinum.

I've found them!!!

I found some Motorcraft AWSF34PP double platinum plugs. If anyone's interested, I can get them to you for $10 a piece, shipping included. Send me an IM if you are interested.

Watch out with Single Platinum! They will only be correct for one bank. The other side fires in reverse, therefore the Doubles, so you can't mess up. :)

Back