Pic of Coy Miller running 11.60's.

FordPOWER INC

one of the lightning guys there with a ear for a HUGE blower wine snapped this pic at ffw

559-763-22635.jpg

Faster with a Cowl hood

It looks like he switched to a Cowl hood from his last run. That must be why he is so much faster now. :D

AATVFury,

I would say it's a Legendary hood. You can find the information to that hood by clicking on the "Man Parts" within the nagivation buttons on the left hand side of the front page of this site.

Oops, you're correct. I was thinking that Coy had a Ram Air hood on his car when he made that last run. I can see that I was dead wrong on that one.

Last edited:
Yawn... Too busy at work to comment.

I'm going to have to show up where that car is some day to get a feel for the noise. That ribbed pulley looks extreme. Friday after the 4th there was a car cruise in a local town with enough cars to last 2 hours. I loved being able to tell when the cars with the 6-71 blowers on them would be coming around the corner.

Very cool.

I hope to have my car painted in time to be involved next year.

hmm how hard would it be to throw a ribbed pulley on my supercharger? Can it harm anything? costs? where to get the stuff???

thanks

Coys car has a front mount intercooler and then it runs into a double sized intercooler. The double IC is in the stock location and has water injection I believe. The cog pulley on the blower is neat, no slip I would assume. I don't know what the accessory pulley looks like, never paid attention but I bet its custom to fit the cog belt.

The blower whine on this car is incredible. I looked it over from head to toe at carlisle and talked with the guy who drove it for a few hours on Saturday. Definately a wicked SC.

I'm pretty sure that it's the cogged belt that gives it the whine. While super chargers are typically noisy themselves, the whine that you hear is usually the cogged drive for the blower.

Of course I bet that sound get's old at 80mph on a 5 hour trip.

I guess if you go to the expense of having those drive ends machined, you might as well make them quick change type.

pics?

This is the most I have every seen. You hear stuff all the time, but don't know all the info. Is there some where that has more info on Coys record setter? Build type deal?

Censorship sucks, Democrats are Evil. .02.

Back