Couple questions

NorthrnSCownr

I am making my way towards taking off the timing cover.
To remove the oil cooler, I took off the two 10mm bolts, and the two 8mm bolts apparently holding the cooler to the engine. Should the cooler come off with those 4 bolts removed?
2nd question- The oil filter is on very tight, so I left it on while I try to take the cooler off. Do I need to take the filter off to get to that nut for anything, or will the cooler separate from the cover as is?

Tom

Tom...Sounds like the bolts you are removing are the oil pump mounting bolts.
If you want to separate the cooler from the pump you have to remove the oil filter first and then you will see that the stud the filter screws on to has a hex nut on it. By unscrewing that stud the oil cooler will come off.

Any help regarding what needs to actually come off to remove the timing cover would be appreciated. Especially regarding the oil cooler/pump setup. But I also wated to confirm that the ac bracket needs to be removed. Is that correct? And does anyone remove the nut behind the jackshaft pulley without taking off the pulley first? I can't seem to find the right combination of swivels/sockets etc.
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
yes i believe the pulley ..has to come off ..I have a pair of brackets ..with no jack shalft pulleys on them ..so I would of removed them only ..to get better access ...one thing to look out for on the timing cover... is the 1 allen key bolt ..down low by oil pan ...it can get filled with crap and hard to see...or feel ....dave

Back