94-95 TB and MAF size

blue94sc

Hello.
I thinking of installing a larger MAF and TB this summer and want to know if the 94-95 intake plenum will need to be ported or modified for a larger TB?
There's no sense of increasing the size of the TB and the MAF if the intake plenum is too restrictive.
Thanx
Bill

Not unless seconds count, like if you're racing.

Unless you're racing, there's no need to do the porting. I would love to do the same thing you're doing. The only thing that's holding me back is the cost for a new exhaust. Before you increase the amount of air coming in, you should increase the amount or air that CAN go out. Go to a 2.5 inch to 3 inch exhaust, I'm not sure which. Maybe someone here can give you a good suggestion. Do this because, if you are bringing more air IN than can get OUT efficiently, you could blow an ever-so-fragile head gasget. Good luck!!!

Don't do much if any intake/blower modifications with stock exhaust because you can blow your headgaskets. As long as you get rid of the stock downtubes and put some kind of free flowing cat-back, whether you make it or buy it, you wont blow them.

You can put a bigger TB on the stock inlet plenum, but the plenum will be quite a bit smaller than the TB. If you have the money and a blower off of a '94/'95 SC, you should just buy the Magnum Powers inlet plenum. If you dont have the money for that then port the stock inlet like crazy.

Hay Alan.
Definately the exhaust will be the first before the MAF and TB.
The next couple of weeks I am going to shop around the local exhaust shops to see if I can get a custom 2-1/2 to 3 to 2-1/2 exhaust done for less than the SCP system. If not I am looking at the dynomax cat back with 2-1/4 downtubes, magnaflow resonator and ported manifolds.

Thanx CMac89. If I can bring in some extra scratch ($$$) this summer than the MP inlet plenum will be on my list.
Thanx guys!
Bill

Back