PDA

View Full Version : 94-95 TB and MAF size

blue94sc
02-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Hello.
I thinking of installing a larger MAF and TB this summer and want to know if the 94-95 intake plenum will need to be ported or modified for a larger TB?
There's no sense of increasing the size of the TB and the MAF if the intake plenum is too restrictive.
Thanx
Bill

AlanEdwards
02-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Unless you're racing, there's no need to do the porting. I would love to do the same thing you're doing. The only thing that's holding me back is the cost for a new exhaust. Before you increase the amount of air coming in, you should increase the amount or air that CAN go out. Go to a 2.5 inch to 3 inch exhaust, I'm not sure which. Maybe someone here can give you a good suggestion. Do this because, if you are bringing more air IN than can get OUT efficiently, you could blow an ever-so-fragile head gasget. Good luck!!!

CMac89
02-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Don't do much if any intake/blower modifications with stock exhaust because you can blow your headgaskets. As long as you get rid of the stock downtubes and put some kind of free flowing cat-back, whether you make it or buy it, you wont blow them.

You can put a bigger TB on the stock inlet plenum, but the plenum will be quite a bit smaller than the TB. If you have the money and a blower off of a '94/'95 SC, you should just buy the Magnum Powers inlet plenum. If you dont have the money for that then port the stock inlet like crazy.

blue94sc
02-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Hay Alan.
Definately the exhaust will be the first before the MAF and TB.
The next couple of weeks I am going to shop around the local exhaust shops to see if I can get a custom 2-1/2 to 3 to 2-1/2 exhaust done for less than the SCP system. If not I am looking at the dynomax cat back with 2-1/4 downtubes, magnaflow resonator and ported manifolds.

Thanx CMac89. If I can bring in some extra scratch ($$$) this summer than the MP inlet plenum will be on my list.
Thanx guys!
Bill

chadder1313
02-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Good exhaust setup. Id stick to that.