My SC is far from perfect.

Lvcien

I've replaced the alternator, and put everything back together. Go to start the car up and it turns over -- but dies right away, unless you give it gas. Then if you keep it up, it begins to smoke a little ... white smoke.. any ideas? btw, now it has a miss :D just my luck....anyways the powersteering pump is not bad, it just has a leak, it's looks like the engine has been pulled before (I'm not sure why) -- and all the hoses and such are just clamped on and don't have the fittings like some of the other ones (namely the ones that don't leak)..... so I unclamped that hose .... can't get it off the tube though...Near that, on the frame or something, there is a plastic rubber thing (one on both sides) -- well on the passenger side (that's where the leak is) that is dripping power steering fiuld also... ...and I've also noticed the transmission has a leak... actually, just two hoses leading into the radiator ... once again, b/c it was rigged up with those damned clamps.. so I'm replacing those hoses ... I need help.. lol... I'm not very car savvy.

Anyways Sorry for the punctation/spelling errors and such.

Thanks

-Chad

I hate to say this, but i could be wrong. The white smoke and no idle, sounds like blown headgaskets. Join the thousands of us who has had this experience. It is a very common thing for SC's.

I blew my HG's on tuesday and i am waiting for a cam and my machinist to get my heads done before i put it back together. It took about 2 hrs at most to get the heads off.

CMac89 said:
I hate to say this, but i could be wrong. The white smoke and no idle, sounds like blown headgaskets. Join the thousands of us who has had this experience. It is a very common thing for SC's.

I blew my HG's on tuesday and i am waiting for a cam and my machinist to get my heads done before i put it back together. It took about 2 hrs at most to get the heads off.

that's the first thing I thought of ... :( I hope that's not the case. if so I'm screwed because I don't have the time or money to fix it.

Check and see if there is water in the coolant by pulling the oil plug out and see if any water comes out before oil. Other symptoms i had were the water temperature gauge went from C to N and then halfway between constantly and my heater was blowing cold air (not A/C just normal air which is cold in the winter).

titanium89scguy said:
hes right white smoke is water in the combustion chamber it happened to me also

My dad says it's because it hasn't been running (in over 2 - 3 weeks idk )

when I got it, it was running fine, except for the powersteering leak and alternator problem. -- it hasn't ran since then, could the headgasket have already been blown before I got the car, and maybe it just ran?

Thanks Again

-Chad

p.s. if it is a headgasket we might have to start a 'help a poor island boy with his SC fund' ... lol :rolleyes:

Back