PDA

View Full Version : My SC is far from perfect.

Lvcien
02-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I've replaced the alternator, and put everything back together. Go to start the car up and it turns over -- but dies right away, unless you give it gas. Then if you keep it up, it begins to smoke a little ... white smoke.. any ideas? btw, now it has a miss :D just my luck....anyways the powersteering pump is not bad, it just has a leak, it's looks like the engine has been pulled before (I'm not sure why) -- and all the hoses and such are just clamped on and don't have the fittings like some of the other ones (namely the ones that don't leak)..... so I unclamped that hose .... can't get it off the tube though...Near that, on the frame or something, there is a plastic rubber thing (one on both sides) -- well on the passenger side (that's where the leak is) that is dripping power steering fiuld also... ...and I've also noticed the transmission has a leak... actually, just two hoses leading into the radiator ... once again, b/c it was rigged up with those damned clamps.. so I'm replacing those hoses ... I need help.. lol... I'm not very car savvy.

Anyways Sorry for the punctation/spelling errors and such.

Thanks

-Chad

CMac89
02-20-2005, 04:28 PM
I hate to say this, but i could be wrong. The white smoke and no idle, sounds like blown headgaskets. Join the thousands of us who has had this experience. It is a very common thing for SC's.

I blew my HG's on tuesday and i am waiting for a cam and my machinist to get my heads done before i put it back together. It took about 2 hrs at most to get the heads off.

Lvcien
02-20-2005, 05:16 PM
I hate to say this, but i could be wrong. The white smoke and no idle, sounds like blown headgaskets. Join the thousands of us who has had this experience. It is a very common thing for SC's.

I blew my HG's on tuesday and i am waiting for a cam and my machinist to get my heads done before i put it back together. It took about 2 hrs at most to get the heads off.

that's the first thing I thought of ... :( I hope that's not the case. if so I'm screwed because I don't have the time or money to fix it.

CMac89
02-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Check and see if there is water in the coolant by pulling the oil plug out and see if any water comes out before oil. Other symptoms i had were the water temperature gauge went from C to N and then halfway between constantly and my heater was blowing cold air (not A/C just normal air which is cold in the winter).

TwoToneThunder
02-20-2005, 05:38 PM
hes right white smoke is water in the combustion chamber it happened to me also

Lvcien
02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
hes right white smoke is water in the combustion chamber it happened to me also

My dad says it's because it hasn't been running (in over 2 - 3 weeks idk )

when I got it, it was running fine, except for the powersteering leak and alternator problem. -- it hasn't ran since then, could the headgasket have already been blown before I got the car, and maybe it just ran?

Thanks Again

-Chad

p.s. if it is a headgasket we might have to start a 'help a poor island boy with his SC fund' ... lol :rolleyes: