I stripped my bolt :(

Maldony93SC

Hey all. I've recently signed up but I have used these forums ever since AI have had my car several years ago. I drive a 93 auto SC. (153k+ miles)

Anyway, I am also having a problem with my car not starting but it is due to either the starter motor or the solenoid. Since I have a replacement for the motor, I tried taking out the original today. While doing so, I stripped the bottom bolt for the motor where it is connected to the base. Any ideas on how I can get this little trouble maker out?

You could try one of those nut extractors...

Maldony93SC said:
Hey all. I've recently signed up but I have used these forums ever since AI have had my car several years ago. I drive a 93 auto SC. (153k+ miles)

Anyway, I am also having a problem with my car not starting but it is due to either the starter motor or the solenoid. Since I have a replacement for the motor, I tried taking out the original today. While doing so, I stripped the bottom bolt for the motor where it is connected to the base. Any ideas on how I can get this little trouble maker out?

Sears sells a kit, as does Home Depot, looks like a socket set at a quick glance.

My first instinct would be to reach for the Vice Grip's!!!

Good Luck,
-Matt

Back