just a few questions

tcrow31

i just purchased a 90 SC with 169,000 miles and ive never owned one of these so i was wondering when i punch it i cant really feel the super charger the stock boost gauge say its boosting 10 psi which i dont think is right probably a little high cause its a bone stock except for exaust and k&n filter. can someone give me some insight on this thanks

tcrow31 said:
i just purchased a 90 SC with 169,000 miles and ive never owned one of these so i was wondering when i punch it i cant really feel the super charger the stock boost gauge say its boosting 10 psi which i dont think is right probably a little high cause its a bone stock except for exaust and k&n filter. can someone give me some insight on this thanks

You shouldn't feel it. You have to hear it. Easy test would be to close the windows and keep it quiet in your car. While driving, lets say at about 25 mph, push on the gas pedal slighly. If you hear a faint whistle sound, that is the supercharger.

I guess that's what you wanted to know?

there is a huge misconception that if you have a supercharger it will make this awesome phfffff sound, that is true if you run high boost ,but with these cars you will get a nice phff but not like a fast and furious type car sound... besides arent those turbo'd and not super'd???

yea i hear it i guess i just thought id get a little more pull from it im also used to riding in turbo cars and im used to feeling that lag then boost. thanks

crzykyman said:
there is a huge misconception that if you have a supercharger it will make this awesome phfffff sound, that is true if you run high boost ,but with these cars you will get a nice phff but not like a fast and furious type car sound... besides arent those turbo'd and not super'd???

its definatly super charged. im not expecting to hear any sound like that but there definatly a wine from the super charger but thats wat its suppose to do

Back