Contacted JMS Chip&Performance

WinnipegSC

I contacted JMS chip and performance about the possibiliy of making a a performance pakage to suit the supercoupe. That includes porting work pullies intake, things like that and a performance chip.

What sparked my intrest was there LOW cost huge power increase mods on most every supercharged vehicle they recievced.

This was thier reply

>Kirk,
>Doing performance products for the car shouldn't be the problem, we already
>offer blower porting service for the M90 Eaton blower.
>
>The big problem may be tuning the vehicles, I'll have to see if we have software
>available through SCT to be able to tune the cars.
>
>We will be in touch with futher info.

>Steve
>JMS

Or you contact XR7 Dave, or Apten..........and the list goes on.

No need to re-invent the wheel.

When it comes to tuning, SCT pricing is subject to MAP pricing which is what I charge. The problem with tuning SC's is knowledge of the motor and how it responds to tuning mods and exerience is the only way to learn. These cars do not have OBD ports for realtime scanning, so most tuners are lost with them. You have to actively tune SC's to see what works and what doesn't. Even Jerry and Brian disagree on how to tune an SC which is why there are no "base files" for an SC in the SCT software. The quality of tune you get from each tuner is going to be subject to the experience level of the person writing the chip. Bottom line is the more SC's you tune and the more seriously you take that tuning the better the end result is for the consumer. There are only a handful of people who are experienced with this car.

That being said, one of the biggest problems with tuning is location. To give you the best possible tune the tuner has to be able to put his hands on your car. THAT is the biggest problem.

XR7 Dave said:
When it comes to tuning, SCT pricing is subject to MAP pricing which is what I charge. The problem with tuning SC's is knowledge of the motor and how it responds to tuning mods and exerience is the only way to learn. These cars do not have OBD ports for realtime scanning, so most tuners are lost with them. You have to actively tune SC's to see what works and what doesn't. Even Jerry and Brian disagree on how to tune an SC which is why there are no "base files" for an SC in the SCT software. The quality of tune you get from each tuner is going to be subject to the experience level of the person writing the chip. Bottom line is the more SC's you tune and the more seriously you take that tuning the better the end result is for the consumer. There are only a handful of people who are experienced with this car.

That being said, one of the biggest problems with tuning is location. To give you the best possible tune the tuner has to be able to put his hands on your car. THAT is the biggest problem.

And THATS why Im glad I live in lower michigan, and you live in ohio! :) Because my car needs to be touched........ a lot.

Back