Help removing seat

89psychobird

I am removing my drivers seat to troubleshoot an electrical issue. My power seats and power locks do not work.

I am unable to remove the nut at the back of the seat track next to the trans hump. My seat is all the way back and all the way down making it impossible to get a wrench or socket on this nut.

How can I move the seat up and/or forward without power to it?

I had the same problem. I ended up using a 5 pound hammer, and beat on the back of the rails. It was slow, but the seat eventually moved up far enough for me to get to the bolt.

Use some probes hooked to a power souce put them in the plug youll find under the seat and you should be able to move the seat wherever you want to
Russell

I have unbolted the seat cushion from the seat, but I want to be able to take the rails out so I can roll back the carpet and look around.

I have tried using power from a 15 volt DC power supply that I made in high school. It does not put out enough amperage to turn the motors. Time to run some wires direct from the battery and hope it works.

The seat is out now. I ran 2 leads from the battery to the seat to get it to move. Here is something that does not make sense to me: The power harness to the seat (1 black and 1 black / white stripe wire) shows 12 volts, but when I tried to run leads from it to the seat motor harness it did nothing, not even any noise. When I was trying my power supply, at least I could here noise from the motors trying to move.

I have not had the time to look at all the wires yet for bare spots, loose connections, etc... Any ideas why my meter shows 12 volts at the harness, but I had to get power from the battery?

The fuse my not be making good contact. Pull it out and look for any burnt spots. Its common on these cars. Try a new fuse

I thought 89`s had a normal fuse. Then just pull it out and interchange it with another one in the fuse panel.

Back