"Liveonspeed" cai

FastBird91

There is a cai on ebay for our cars by "Liveonspeed" it goes for about $64. It includes the 2 pipes polished aluminum sleeves and the filter which is not a "K&N". I believe it replaces the stock air box too. Anyone have any input on this system?
Thanks

Im comparing this system to the $200 and up systems from Supercoupe Performance. I know that Supercoupe Performance includes a K&N filter but if thats all, ill buy my own.
Thanks

FastBird91 said:
There is a cai on ebay for our cars by "Liveonspeed" it goes for about $64. It includes the 2 pipes polished aluminum sleeves and the filter which is not a "K&N". I believe it replaces the stock air box too. Anyone have any input on this system?
Thanks

Please post a link or some pictures.

I purchased the Liveonspeed CAI system and it is pretty decent quality.
It does fit a little funny. The PCV hose is shown on top instead of tucked underneath.
I guess it's good that you can show off the cool blue PCV hose.
It's still sitting in the box. I'm waiting until it gets a little warmer and I update the exhaust. I plan on installing the CAI, raised top, early model pulley ...etc after the exhaust.
I can post pictures of the actual parts it when I get home tonight.
Bill

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 218
Oh Snap!!!!!!! I'm not too fond about bends infront of MAF's. If you have anything bigger than stock you cant have any bends infront of the MAF or else it screws up calibration.

Last edited:
Hey Bill, what all is included? Does it come with its own air box? Also does it come with those blue sleeves and a blue pcv hose that is relocated to fit the top of the sleeve?
Thanks

CMac89 said:
Oh Snap!!!!!!! I'm not too fond about bends infront of MAF's. If you have anything bigger than stock you cant have any bends infront of the MAF or else it screws up calibration.

Would attaching the cone filter directly to the MAF help?

yea that would help alot as far as not messing up the fuel/air ratio. But the filter being in the engine compartment pulls warm air thru to the intake. Even though it appears to be the best way to go AS LONG as there is a divider next to the filter blocking the heat the motor is producing.
I guess i will look at some others before i bother with that "Liveonspeed" cai.
THANKS ALL

sail7seas said:
Would attaching the cone filter directly to the MAF help?
Yes, that is the best way you can do it. That is how i have it on my car and it is a fender intake.

LiveOnSpeed Intake

The Lineonspeed kit comes with;

One 3" OD (2-7/8 ID) aluminum TB pipe with the PCV nipple.
One 3" OD (2-7/8 ID) aluminum MAF to filter "S" pipe.
Two 77mm (3") ID x 2-3/4 long couplings
One 76mm (3") to 80mm (3-1/2") ID adapter coupling
PCV hose 16" long (colored vinyl) - I already cut my hose to length.
Reusable 3" ID cone filter (6" dia to 4-3/4 dia x 5-1/4 long)
Two brackets to mount the system to the car.

It doesn't come with any instructions or filter oil kit.
I bought a K&N recharger kit for $10 at my local auto parts store.

You do not use any of your old air box. The "S" pipe routes through the hole in the fender apron where the original air box sits. You will probably have to fish the "S" pipe up through the hole from the bottom to install it.
If mounting it under the apron doesn't sound good you could modify the "S" pipe to locate the air filter straight off of the MAF with no bends.

CMac89 - Yes, I have heard of some people experiencing calibration issues with CAI intake bends just before the MAF. Some have not. Even others have found a "sweet spot" by rotating the MAF towards the engine around 45 degrees-ish. I believe MAC and ZR make a CAI similar to this one also with a bend. If you take a close look at the stock system the air path does change direction right in front of the MAF It would be interesting the see what the air flow actually does with a stock system and a CAI with bends. I might try an experiment on this.

Anyway for money at least I got tubing, couplings, and a decent reusable filter for $60. Even if I decide to modify it. It will be less painful to modify a $60 CAI instead of a $200 CAI. :)

Attachments

• intake-kit.jpg
    intake-kit.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 131
blue94sc said:
The Lineonspeed kit comes with;

One 3" OD (2-7/8 ID) aluminum TB pipe with the PCV nipple.
One 3" OD (2-7/8 ID) aluminum MAF to filter "S" pipe.
Two 77mm (3") ID x 2-3/4 long couplings
One 76mm (3") to 80mm (3-1/2") ID adapter coupling
PCV hose 16" long (colored vinyl) - I already cut my hose to length.
Reusable 3" ID cone filter (6" dia to 4-3/4 dia x 5-1/4 long)
Two brackets to mount the system to the car.

It doesn't come with any instructions or filter oil kit.
I bought a K&N recharger kit for $10 at my local auto parts store.

You do not use any of your old air box. The "S" pipe routes through the hole in the fender apron where the original air box sits. You will probably have to fish the "S" pipe up through the hole from the bottom to install it.
If mounting it under the apron doesn't sound good you could modify the "S" pipe to locate the air filter straight off of the MAF with no bends.

CMac89 - Yes, I have heard of some people experiencing calibration issues with CAI intake bends just before the MAF. Some have not. Even others have found a "sweet spot" by rotating the MAF towards the engine around 45 degrees-ish. I believe MAC and ZR make a CAI similar to this one also with a bend. If you take a close look at the stock system the air path does change direction right in front of the MAF It would be interesting the see what the air flow actually does with a stock system and a CAI with bends. I might try an experiment on this.

Anyway for money at least I got tubing, couplings, and a decent reusable filter for $60. Even if I decide to modify it. It will be less painful to modify a $60 CAI instead of a $200 CAI. :)
You might get away with it on a stock maf, but if you get around a 75 or 76mm maf, you'll run into trouble. If you go 80mm or 87, there are no exceptions whatsoever on having a bend before the maf.

That looks like great value. The filter also looks like the AutoPhysics or S&B and, they are about $50 on their own. MN12 had a similar set-up years back with an alum pipe to just the MAF. I'd buy it (if I didn't already have the MN12) and use the first pipe with the Filter directly on the MAF - you can easily build a heat shield with a bracket to support the MAF. It works great on the 94-95 because you can rotate the IRCM 90deg and bolt it to your shield. This way there is direct air to the front cone intake on that filter.
Where can you buy it.

Pre-oiled filter

Your right David. It should. But it didn't say that it was in the description so I bought the recharger kit just in case.
I can always use it when I clean the filter.
Cheers!
Bill
:D

David Neibert said:
Looks okay for $60. BTW, the filter should be pre-oiled don't add more.

David

Looks like the same filter I got with my Focus CAi I got of Ebay. It's just a red colored filter that has no oil on it. Not sure how good it works at filtering with no oil on it though. Adding oil will decrease the airflow, but increase the filtering capability.

chadder1313 said:
So guys you recamind the "live on speed" intake.

I would wait until it has been installed. I don't really see how that "S" pipe is going to get the filter into the fender (under air box). The installed picture has what looks like a 90 degree bend going down toward the fender.

The way they installed the PCV breather, is just plain stupid. I would leave the plastic cross over tube under the supercharger snout and make the attaching hose a little longer.

David

According to the seller "LiveOnSpeed" the filter is NOT pre-oiled.
Just an FYI everybody.
Cheers!
Bill

Alternative mounting

Well I decided to fart around in the garage this past weekend to try a different method of mounting the Liveonspeed CAI that I bought.
It doesn't look bad at all. You will only need a real short piece of 3" tubing to connect the MAF to the filter.
You will have to excuse the salt spray all over the engine compartment.
Ohio LOVES to dump the salt on the roads any chance they get.
Yuck!
Bill

Attachments

• Intake-kit2.JPG
    Intake-kit2.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Intake-kit3.JPG
    Intake-kit3.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 62
Back