That pesky CEL....again

mlbuxbaum

Does anyone know the logic behind the length of time the cel stays on? Sometimes mine pops on and goes right out, other times it will come on and saty on for 10 minutes, then it will sometimes come on and do alittle dance. What gives? The cel on my other bird has been on for 3 months ( o2 sensor bad is the code I get on that one) BTW is the o2 sensor the same thing as a hego sensor?

Generally if the CEL comes on for a short time and goes out it's simply a temporary condition (like a sensor temporary out of range). When it stays on it's a permanent condition and you should check the codes.

mlbuxbaum said:
Does anyone know the logic behind the length of time the cel stays on? Sometimes mine pops on and goes right out, other times it will come on and saty on for 10 minutes, then it will sometimes come on and do alittle dance. What gives? The cel on my other bird has been on for 3 months ( o2 sensor bad is the code I get on that one) BTW is the o2 sensor the same thing as a hego sensor?
The light stays on as long as the EEC senses a consistent problem. Codes are also stored for intermittent problems. When you pull codes, thats why you see 2 banks of codes. One set is for hard faults, and the other for intermittent.
As for the o2 sensor, yes its the same as a hego sensor. :cool:

Back