Carlisle 2005- ROLL CALL

Ryan A Harris

I just took a look, and we haven't had a thread talking about this years show. :eek: Do we even have SC's heading down this year? Who has the hotel room booked(i've gotta get on that. :rolleyes: )

SO, who's going? What day are we leaving? What way are we going to take this year? I hope the Ontario chapter has a good turn out.

Looking forward to your responses.

Hey Ryan

Look about 3/4 of the way down the page ... ;)

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58031

A reminder that the early bird discounted registration ends on Feb. 28.

Here is the hotel info, from Don in the New Jersey club:

Hey Ed, The rate we have is $99 per night. We are staying at the Hotel Carlisle, (The Clarion Convention Center changed their name), and the number is (717) 243-1717.

You can ask the reservation desk to put you guys near the Thunderbird and Cougar Club of New Jersey.

I plan to leave sometime on Thursday again, to arrive late afternoon or early evening.

cheers
Ed N.

Last edited:
What is the date for that this year? Maybe I should try and get the white vehicle going with the 3.8 and nothing else. :D :D :D :D

I will attending

Yes, the big OLD black cat with the NA 5.0L will be making the trek south, probably leaving thursday or friday. I'll be watching the board to see the plans finalize for a group departure.
fast Ed N said:
Hey Ryan

Look about 3/4 of the way down the page ... ;)

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58031

A reminder that the early bird discounted registration ends on Feb. 28.

Here is the hotel info, from Don in the New Jersey club:

Hey Ed, The rate we have is $99 per night. We are staying at the Hotel Carlisle, (The Clarion Convention Center changed their name), and the number is (717) 243-1717.

You can ask the reservation desk to put you guys near the Thunderbird and Cougar Club of New Jersey.

I plan to leave sometime on Thursday again, to arrive late afternoon or early evening.

cheers
Ed N.

999.jpg

Wayne and I will come...

888.jpg

...and John will ride with us.

333.jpg

Not sure who will drive though.

:eek: DUDE!!! WTF?!?!?!! Four point six, NOT four point sex. :D

Forget it, i'm out! Keep your limbs and other appendages to yourself. :p

Okay, but seriously, as was last years reason, i'm sacrificing this years "vacation" (yes, vacation pay too - LOL!) on the car, albeit, this time an entire engine. Might change, but I really doubt it. I really don't see it happening. :eek:

Have fun all! :)

Since I'll be working at least 27 hrs this weekend including travel time, I took the liberty of scheduling myself off for the Thursday and Friday before that weekend, and the Monday after in lieu of this weekend.

If I manage to get the car done for then, I'll be in for the trip. Alecia and the kids may accompany me, but if not, then I'll be looking for someone to split on a room with. ...Maybe I can talk Bill McNeil into making the trip?!

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate this year!

Best regards,

Sean

I booked our room last night. At the "old" clarion hotel now called the carlise hotel. I hope thats where we are staying.......

Ryan A Harris said:
I booked our room last night. At the "old" clarion hotel now called the carlise hotel. I hope thats where we are staying.......

I was wondering if we should book our own rooms somewhere or if the club was going to book as a group?

The block of New Jersey Club rooms at the Hotel Carlisle is sold out. I hate booking for Carlisle, it's like lining up for concert tickets. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Superbird281 said:
The block of New Jersey Club rooms at the Hotel Carlisle is sold out.

That's not good. I guess I should have made a reservation before now, eh?!

Does that mean that the old Clarion is sold out completely, or just that we're going to get raped on the rate since we didn't jump in on the deal Don and his crew had negotiated?!

Regards,

Sean

The Hotel Carlisle/Clarion has 2 suites available for US$174 per night CAA rate. I said okeydokey see ya, not! You can get better accomodations in downtown Ottawa for half as much, a capital city versus some village middle of nowhere.
I booked a room at the Quality Inn, also on Harrisbug Turnpike a little closer to the fairgrounds. US$112 per night CAA rate. I stayed there once before when I got my Chernobyl meltdown sunburn. Nice hotel, next to a gas station and Kwik-E Mart.

I booked at the Clarion/carlisle for 89 a night, I think it was and that was with the CAA/AAA discount. Now don't quote me on that, but it was about 112 regular price, and about 90 with the AAA/CAA rate. I didn't say I was with any club either, so who knows where my room will be at.

Hey guys....

I just got off the phone with Hotel Carlisle in Pennsylvania. There number is (717) 243-1717.

This is where the NJTACC has the group reservation...

There is about 8 rooms left under the group reservation.

I have opened these up to you guys....just tell them that you are with the Thunderbird and Cougar Club of New Jersey group. :D

I like hanging with you guys and would hate to see you over pay.....

P.S. Who's buying the beer???!!!!!

If anyone needs info, feel free to call me at (973) 277-4294

DON

PRESIDENT: NJTACC

Good luck and see you there!!!

P.S. PLEASE ONLY RESERVE A ROOM IF YOU ARE COMING. OTHERS WILL WANT THE ROOM.

Don, thanks very much for looking after your Canadian friends. I will make sure that we bring along some real beer for you guys. :D

So there it is SCCoO members. If you're going to Carlisle, get off the pot, and make the room reservation! ;)

cheers
Ed N.

No problem!!!!

Hey, you're all a good bunch of guys. Wouldn't be right if we all didn't get to party together.

If anyone needs more info, feel free to e-mail me or call.

Again, hope to see everyone there....

P.S. Where's McNeil??????

Don

P.S. This was not just my idea, the Jersey guys as a whole recommended it, (not that it wasn't my idea). The rooms that is!!!!

Back