Elec. Climate Control?

Frank Bokodi

Can the electronic Climate Control unit be installed on a SC that didn't have it stock? In other words do the vac. lines interchange and is the plug on the dash harness for the elctronic unit. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Converting from Manual AC/Heating to Semi-Automatic

I believe that you can convert over to semi-automatic a/c heating from manual for 1994-1997 model years. The outside two knobs work the same, but the center knob is replaced with the display and temp select buttons. The manual unit (from my very poor wiring diagram), appears to have two connectors with two wires each for the center knob. The semi-automatic appears to have six wires all in one plug. I believe that these consist of the same four wires, plus two wires for feedback information from the blend door actuator motor specifically for the semi-automatic unit (but without seeing it I can't be sure). These two feedback wires tells the position of the blendoor by means of a resistance reading from a pot switch inside of the actuator motor for the semi-automatic control unit.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the two plugs on the semi-automatic would have to be put on your existing wires, and two wires added for the actuator motor. I can't remember how the semi-automatic unit monitors air temperature, but I think it was with an air sampling tube that runs from the blower motor to the control unit? Best to pull a car apart that has one to see how it all goes.

Last edited:
Back