Des Monies Area folk

T-bird4vr

As soon as I get my lasted round of SCT chip from Dalke I will be heading to the dyno. I hope it comes today and then I will run down Friday afternoon.

I will post this evening if it came or not. If it doesn't come then it will be Wednesday before I can get back down there if they aren't open on Saturday.

I should be able to record a video of it, watch it be like 299rwhp or something lol. Well, actually I guess there is a chance I am pegging the maf :rolleyes:

Anyway, here is the link

http://www.automotivemachineshop.com/index.shtml

Is there another one in the state? For the most part I don't care if the numbers are low, I mostly want the AF ratio vs RPM.

I believe there is one near Albee. He had talked about doing a dyno day for SCCoIA at one time. There is one in Omaha. That is all I know. I don't know what to tell you. I just wanted to warn you.

http://www.smokemup.com/utils/dyno_results.php

MECHTRONICS
2058 RAINBOW DR.
WATERLOO, IA 319-232-8134
Show Map

Peterson Enterprises
104 South 3rd Ave.
Eldridge, IA 319-285-7723
Show Map

Premier Racing Products
1100 Industrial Avenue
Hiawatha, IA 319-294-1211
Show Map

Well it came, but now I don't know what to do. What were they saying about it mike? Maybe I will have to give josh a call, he will probably what is going on with it.

sorry about my late entry into the thread... here are two different links regarding midwest machine/dyno. the first link is specifically regarding the dyno and the second is a guy that works there that came on the boards defending the work they do...
there were some other posts as well, but i can't seem to find them at the moment

clicky

clicky 2

i'll ask around, because i remember some people raving about the dyno over in omaha. if i was in the market to have a serious tune done on my car i would not have a shop in dm tune it... apparently the guys at midwest dont know wtf they're doing when it comes to the dyno.
good luck miller and give me a heads up if/when you come down to dm. as always i'm at work till 4 today(friday) and, with the exception of sat. night, i dont plan on doing jack all weekend. worst case scenario you come down to dm and we line up the civic and your sc :p

Most of those complaints were from 2003 when they first got the dyno. I didn't find any new posts from 2004 with new factual information claiming problems. Maybe they were just learning how to use it when these posts occurred.

It's a mustang dyno, so you HP levels will be low.

Someone pipe up...how can you mess up using a wideband O2?

I called and they said they put a magnet on the harmonic balancer and get the RPM's from that.

He said they can do a Thunderbird. Same way they do the newer mustangs that don't have a distributor.

"They have never done a SC before but it shouldn't be a problem."

Call them and talk to them. T: (515) 265-2669

FYI, the place I took my car was Ill Dyno Center in Port Byron, Ill (8 miles north of East Moline on Rt. 84. and 9 miles south of Cordoba Dragway).

I think his dyno reads a little low too (compaired to some of the ones that we are accustom to) but if you want AF readings, put a bung in your exaust and come to CR, I'm dying to try my new Wideband O2 Unit!!!! :D

Jes git er done!

Tell them to enter your vehicle weight at 3000lbs so it reads like a Dynojet. Is that so hard??? :p

Back