a/c and heater not working

tcrow31

i just got the car and im just trying to figure out what is wrong with the a/c and the heater. when i go to cut the a/c on the compressor dosnt engage and when i move the lever to the hot side no hot air comes out. does anyone have any ideas?

a/c heater not working

i am an ase certified tech but i need more info. Have you checkrd All fuses with a test light? Does the blower run? Do you have automatic temp control? Does the compressor engage when you turn on the a/c?Did you check for vacuum leaks? Most of the time the solution is simple but with a/c problems it is us ually expensive. Feel free to e mail me with more info i would be glad to help if i can. Garry :) p.s. see if there is at least 60 psi pressure of refrigerant in system. Otherwise a/c compresser wont engage.

Last edited:
garsc said:
i am an ase certified tech but i need more info. Have you checkrd All fuses with a test light? Does the blower run? Do you have automatic temp control? Does the compressor engage when you turn on the a/c?Did you check for vacuum leaks? Most of the time the solution is simple but with a/c problems it is us ually expensive. Feel free to e mail me with more info i would be glad to help if i can. Garry :) p.s. see if there is at least 60 psi pressure of refrigerant in system. Otherwise a/c compresser wont engage.
Couldnt email you so I PM you

Back