3:73 gears maybe?

Thomas95SC

I have a 94 automatic. Im thinking of putting in some 3:73's in my rear end. What all do I need to do as far as getting the most out of this setup such as torque conveters ect.. Im just looking for an overall view on what needs to be done.

Personally I'd go, and did go with 3.55's for a 94/5 automatic because of the wide ratio gear set in the 4R70W transmission. I know some 94/5 owners have gone with them but I'd leave the 3.73's to the AOD owners. While your at it yank the open differential and install a trac-loc (posi). 3.55's and a trac-lok in my 94 automatic really woke the car up off the line. :D

I put 3.73's in my 95 automatic & I definitely like them. And the Trac lok is next.

Jimmy 2Coupes said:
Personally I'd go, and did go with 3.55's for a 94/5 automatic because of the wide ratio gear set in the 4R70W transmission. I know some 94/5 owners have gone with them but I'd leave the 3.73's to the AOD owners. While your at it yank the open differential and install a trac-loc (posi). 3.55's and a trac-lok in my 94 automatic really woke the car up off the line. :D

I agree.

David

Back