Dash Mat or Dash Cap

Douglas Walker

I am having a problem deciding if I want to go with a dash mat or a dash cap. I currently have some cracks in my dash and Id like to take care of them. What are ut thoughts. Mat or Cap. And for thoughs of u that dont know what I mean when I say cap, its a mold to fit cover dyed to match existing interior color.
Thanks
Doug

I'd go for a cap. Done right it would look better than a mat. Do you have a source for caps? My dash is cracked too.

sail7seas said:
>Ford Thunderbird (without tissue dispenser) Years: 89-93<

Do you cut a hole for the tissue dispenser?

Maybe, I could cut off, the long part adjacent to the windsheild
where my one crack in the center is located?

they sell the caps with the dispenser hole already cut ill find the site and post it,
Later
DOug

I found some at www.dashcaps.com. They have the one with the hole already in it. I would like to see a pic of one installed. I have a large crack in my dash that is right in my line of sight. My interior is almost perfect execpt for that and it really bothers me. The only thing I wonder about are the colors available. They only have "generic" colors. For example they dont have Ford Currant Red like my car has. They have 4 or 5 shades of red, and one looks pretty close. I dont know if they can be painted or not, but if so I suppose if they could you have have someone match your original dash color and spray it.

i am unfamilar with dash caps or mats. What are each one, and how do they compare to a stock dashboard. I also have a nasty crack right in my line of sight, as well as some other cracks, this dashboard is really dry. I am doing a rebuild right now, and would like to replace this also. I want to get the nicest looking/feeling product i could. would the mat or the cap or somwething else be the best way to go to getting that original feel?

Doug,
What color is your interior? I've got a dash in perfect condition...my '89...I know it's a PITA to replace, but let me know. We could knock it out in a weekend...maybe...If it is the right color.

Back