Pully question....

ZRS90sc

Hi all, i was wondering if it would be better to go with a 5% aluminum od pully or a 10% steel......? i'm a noob to the Sc scene so any help is appreciated

ZRS90sc said:
Hi all, i was wondering if it would be better to go with a 5% aluminum od pully or a 10% steel......? i'm a noob to the Sc scene so any help is appreciated
In my opinion it all depends on what you are looking to do, and what else you have done. Most people don't recoomend doing the 10% if you don't have a free flowing exaust w/ larger collectors. there is good reason for this; with all that back pressure you create undo strain on an already weak link on our supercoupe chain, the head gaskets. I personally can't imagine the extra mass of the 10% steel pulley draws much more HP away from the crank than the 5% aluminum. I have heard of people going with the 5% SC pulley, and then 5% crankshaft pulley to get (almost) the same effect as the 10% pulley. You need to ask yourself how much of a gain you're looking for and if your car can handle the added stress of the extra air pressure.

ZRS90sc said:
You can purchase a 5% or 10% pulley in aluminum.
10percentpulley.jpg

Start with a 5%, you will have plenty of mods to do before considering the need for a 10%.
Paul

Last edited:
BT Motorsports said:
You can purchase a 5% or 10% pulley in aluminum.
10percentpulley.jpg

Start with a 5%, you will have plenty of mods to do before considering the need for a 10%.
Paul

That pulley is Hot!!!

-Matt

Back