PDA

View Full Version : Dan Smith

darkstar_one
02-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Email Address: bleed_ford_blue@yahoo.com
User Name: Dan Smith
Vendor/Individual: Individual

Comments:

This is the second time i buy something from DAN SMITH a.k.a BLEED FORD BLUE, and for the second time i am dissapointed. Well seems the first time he sold me a ABS system he assured me it was in good working condition. Turns out the ABS PUMP MOTOR wouldnt turn, it was frozen. So i replaced it with one i pulled out of a local junk yard and the unit worked with the motor from the local junk yard. I had emailed him and he responded by saying that it was good when it was pulled out, but i replied by saying that how can it be good when you pulled it out if the motor had frozen up. The brake pedal would of been stiff like a ****. ANywho i asked him to give me a partial refund of 45 dollars since thats what the abs motor cost at the junkyard by itself. He just gave me 35. Okay so i let that one go, but now, i bought some door panels off of him on ebay and when the door panels arrived today the tabs that clip on to the door are broken... the panels have huge cracks in them, not fractures but actual cracks, and some of the tabs that by the door handls that have screws to hold onto the door are broken and useless. The ones on my car are in better condition. Anywho, another ebay user has emailed me that he is worried about his door panels that he bought on ebay too. He frequents TCCOA.com and i dont know if he knows about SCCOA.com yet but anywho. Anyone had problems with him before? I am gonna ask for my refund and i know he is gonna try to clean his hands and try to brush this problem away by saying it was USPS fault, but that aint gonna happen.

No slight crack above the bird it was Brocken in 2 pcs Can tell with Pic LIAR
Buyer titaniumlove ( 65) Feb-23-05 15:38 7953148512
Reply by bleed_ford_blue: Item was perfectly described, he is upset because he didnt buy insurance and it

oh yeah this is real smart... its the same thing anyway, if he had bought insurance, which there is no place on his ad that recommends you buy insurance, he would try to clean his hands by trying to make USPS pay for it, and if USPS denies then they would just blame it on each other. and the whole case wouldnt get settled.

Bleed_Ford_Blue
03-23-2005, 01:27 AM
I sent you some good door panels and you just show me pics of doorpanels that have cracks in them. Since you complained last time about the MC, (Which I refunded the money for the motor for) I figure you took your door panels off, put mine on sent me pics of your broken ones to get back at me. Even though I suspected all of this I still gave you your refund minus shipping. And insurance is suggested in all of my auctions. But you dont have to worry about that anymore because you have been blocked from bidding on my stuff.
Dan

Bleed_Ford_Blue
03-23-2005, 02:49 PM
I gave this person their refund, propmptly. And he should have bought insurance cause they were good door panels when I sent them

darkstar_one
03-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I just realized you had replied! Wow! What kind of **** is this? I took off mine and took pictures of them and replaced them with yours! hmm... sounds a lil too precise... i hadnt even thought of that... you wanna know why.. because your panels were broken... and so were the other guy who bought the other ones off of you! Insurance is suggested? Hmmmm yeah in very lil FINE PRINT! Whjy dont you put it there in BOLD LETTERS next time! And dont worry i wont buy anything from you again! You lied about the master cylinder knowing it wasnt working well... the MOTOR PUMP had froze! so how can you it was in good working condition when you got it huh! You need to watch how you sell things buddy! And one thing about my panels... you wanna know what... i know they are mine because i never even bothered to take them out of the car! As soon as i got yours i took them off the very protective shrink wrap and clips were falliing and they were cracked! So quit trying to pin this on the USPS!

Brianas
03-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Email Address: bleed_ford_blue@yahoo.com
User Name: Daniel Smith
Vendor/Individual: Individual

Comments:
bought a trunk lid from him last year Aug. 04
price 165/ shipped trunklid only
He gauranteed me a good condition trunklid or he would make
good if not
well it showed up with 3 large dents in it and the lip was knurled
right over on 1 side like it were smashed with a hammer
never heard reply to emails- from him or able to get in touch
now I have an anchor--its not repairable
I had to buy another lid from a bone yard

Josh Brianas

Bleed_Ford_Blue
03-25-2005, 01:56 PM
if it were broken in the packaging I would think that would be a clue that it was broken in transit..........I dont know maybe Im wrong and put a bunch of broken pieces in there and wrapped it all up, but it doesnt seem like something Id do

Bleed_Ford_Blue
03-25-2005, 01:59 PM

darkstar_one
03-26-2005, 11:06 PM
what i mean by VERY PROTECTIVE SHRINK WRAP was sarcasm..

Brianas
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I just dont want to see any more people on this site get hosed

these are a couple pics of said trunk
there are about 3 more dents\dings

ThunderTurkey
04-16-2005, 01:11 AM
I wish I had read this earlier. I bought a couple of things he had listed on eBay, and paid right away with PayPal. Two weeks go by without a peep. I email him yesterday, and he answers that a whole BUNCH of stuff got LOST in the mail ....... but here is the kicker : he asks WHAT I BOUGHT and my address, EVEN THO IT WAS ATTACHED TO THE EBAY QUESTION BOX. Geeze ........ I bet he didn't lose my MONEY!!! :(

Bleed_Ford_Blue
05-01-2005, 04:45 AM
I dont think you should post bad feedback if I gave you a refund..... 2 out of three people here got their money back. And the third, well Ill give a refund within a week or so BUT NOT 6 MONTHS. Im not walmart
Dan

Bleed_Ford_Blue
05-01-2005, 04:49 AM
and to clarify why I aksed what you bought and your address. I sell a BUNCH of stuff on ebay, and that little ask seller a question box that you clicked on doesnt send me the information about the auction. All I get is a question from ebay memeber in the title of the Email. I needed your address because that is what is on my tracking slips. That way I can dig through them til I find your address then i can find out what the hold up is. Unfortunatly i didnt find your address on the tracking slips so I refunded your money.
Dan

Bleed_Ford_Blue
05-02-2005, 01:58 AM
I just dont want to see any more people on this site get hosed

these are a couple pics of said trunk
there are about 3 more dents\dings

This is not true. I would never have sent that deck lid out. I remember very well the one I sent out. I remember triple wraping the corners and edges so it wouldnt get damaged. I pressure washed the entire part twice because it had sat under a tree for a few months and had some stains on it. Furthermore, if I had bought a decklid and it arrived looking like the one you claim I sent you, there is no amount of busy in the world that would have kept me from giving the seller a piece of my mind. Yet you bought that decklid last july and you contacted me for a refund in January. Every part I ship may not be perfect, but that is kind of the risk with used parts, and if it is not as I described I take care of it. Go over to the good sellers list and see how many refunds I have given, and those are just a fraction. I dont care if anyone else who reads this believes me Mr. Brianas, but you know those pictures ARE NOT the deck lid that I sent. I may not always be able to ship the next day and occasionally a mechanical or electrical part may be non functional (and I always take care of it as soon as I can), but I would NEVER EVER EVER send out something I knew didnt work or was obvioiusly damaged, such as that deck lid.

Brianas
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
my car was at the body shop for 4 months last year getting an overhaul
the deck lid went right to the body shop and they opened the package
a couple weeks after recieved--then realizing it was junk it took another
2 weeks to find a new lid

regardless -
Dan did not return my phone calls or reply to emails that I made 1 month after sale--keep in mind it was also a week and a half before the lid was even recieved after the sale was made-- I held my tongue from posting until I noticed others posting negative remarks about dan-- I thought it was a freak incident -- but aparently not

I am not even demanding my money back ( which I am rightfully due)
this is a public board to post info for others which is all I am doing at this
point. I have done business(buy+sell) with countless other members on this site -- but you run into a dead beat every now and then so please just
BEWARE of Dan Smith

Josh Brianas

ThunderTurkey
05-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I gotta say ..... a Jury would tend to believe Josh in this case, MOSTLY because in the past, Dan has shown to be somewhat confused and disorganized in the way he does business. Read some of his posts. He loses phone numbers and misplaces things. That happens in a high-volume environment, but it is NOT supposed to become OUR problem. Likewise, the MOVE was not our problem either. I wanted the wheel cap more than the money back, but I also wanted it within a time frame, as it was to be a gift. Conversely, I do NOT believe Dan sent out the bad hood INTENTIONALLY. He does NOT appear to be that type of person.

Bleed_Ford_Blue
05-05-2005, 01:35 AM
It was a decklid, and if you think that Mr. Brianas is telling the truth than that is fine with me, but if youll look at those pics youll notice that the "decklid" in question has a pin stripe on it. I dont know who in the hell would put a pin stripe on a decklid, but I havent ever seen it done. And the other pic kind of has some funny contour in the top right, deck lids are fairly flat except at the rear. Furter more, notice the pics are not full size but have been cropped. Finally, I live in Oklahoma, a relatively dry environment where we do not salt the roads in the winter. Mr. Briannas lives in New Jersey ( If I remeber correctlly), a wet environment and a place where they do salt the roads. Go to the cars for sale forum and see how many NE cars youll find "with rust" and how many SW cars youll find with rust. We dont even think of rust down here when buying cars, BECAUSE CARS DONT RUST OUT IN 15 YEARS HERE.

Bleed_Ford_Blue
05-05-2005, 02:00 AM
There has been a bunch of Dan bashing going on here and Im getting pretty fed up with it. If any of the three of you think you could manage my schedule better than I then kudos to you. When you ship 100-150 items twice a week a few things fall between the cracks. it happens. About 2-3 items a shipment. That makes about a %98.3 perfection rate. That is pretty good. I generally fix any screw ups in the first day or so, maybe 1 or 2 items a month get past that. So if I am shipping 100- 150 items twice a week (well call it 250 a week) thats 1000 items a month, lets say I screw up 6 orders a week (for four weeks) and fix %75 of those in the first day or so. That leaves 1.8 REALLY screwed up orders a month. So that would mean I REALLY screw up %.18 of the time. Man, I must be pretty good at this. Now think of this. If you piss someone off, theyre going to tell you about it. But if you make someone happy they generally dont send you a thank you card. Now Say 1 out of 10 people who like what they buy send me a thank you card (or good feedback, this also pretty much holds true on ebay), and believe me it is more like 1 in 50. Then I would have 50 good feedbacks on this site. But EVERYONE you piss off wants to let everyone else know how much of a hoser you are so they ALL post something bad about you (or me in this case). And there are only 3. Two of which HAVE RECEIVED REFUNDS, and one of those 2 has posted on the good side as well. So that leaves 1 person with a legitimate beef with me (at least in his mind). 1 out of 50, that is a % 98 success rate. And I have sold thousands of items on this site, THOUSANDS. Still only 3 pissed off people.

Payton
10-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Seems to me that our friend disappeared...from this forum as well as from e-bay. I think that this fella "collegeblows" is our new Dan Smith...on e-bay. He uses the same pictures and same background for his parts as Dan used to have for his listings....
Dan, where is my cam sensor???? :confused:

ThunderTurkey
10-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Seems to me that our friend disappeared...from this forum as well as from e-bay. I think that this fella "collegeblows" is our new Dan Smith...on e-bay. He uses the same pictures and same background for his parts as Dan used to have for his listings....Dan, where is my cam sensor???? :confused:
Item number: 7994618198 & This item has been paid through PayPal. Payment was sent to: bleed_ford_blue@yahoo.com on Sep-06-05.
:eek: ~"YEP, Dan Smith is now 'COLLEGEBLOWS' ! He even still has MY arc covers for sale that I paid for and never received!! I guess I should email everyone bidding on his stuff ....... and eBay says they can't FIND him. Since the amount I paid is UNDER $25 PayPal doesn't even care." SHEESH! :mad:

Thunderbird84
10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Heh, check this out from his auction:

This is a a good manifold for an SHO, there is a bit of a dent where it says SHO but nothing to worry about I know htis ID is new to ebay, but I am not, you can check feedback on some of the IDs I used to use whitetruckin dmsmith58.

I think that verifies it.

MaddMartigan
10-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Dan,

I won't go into any details about our transaction but I think you had better start paying attention here. You are lying to people about the condition of these products. REGARDLESS of whether or not you are giving people refunds still doesn't make it right. Stop lying about this stuff. Stop trying to defend your lies by saying that a refund given makes it ok.

You look like a fool when you are being called out by person after person and you still try to defend your lies. Stop doing that. If you are an honest guy, make a public apology for the screw ups, give the refunds you have given and move on. Don't continue to play this game because you are just going to lose.

ThunderTurkey
11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
:( ~"Maybe you haven't noticed, but DANSMITH has not posted on this site since August. He is now selling on eBay under the ID COLLEGEBLOWS and when I bid on the items there, he cancells my bid as being 'malicious'. He has also threatened to report me to eBay. :rolleyes: HAH! eBay and PayPal could not care less, especially if you are not generating revenue for them. Since I am out only $15.00 no big deal to them. Many others have lost MORE money, but just to START the investigation costs $25.00. Apparently Dan has found a way to successfully rip people off. No concience I guess." :(

darkstar_one
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
have u seen COLLEGEBLOWS FEEDBACK already with the ripping off...

Payton
12-03-2005, 10:50 AM
BTW, he's no longer a registered user on ebay:eek: :D Didn't last long, did he?:D

XR7inWI
12-12-2005, 04:53 AM
I recently tried to buy a center console top from DanSmith a.k.a. COLEGEBLOWS on eBay. I won the auction for (i think) 99 cents. When I contacted him for confirmation on price plus shipping he replied saying his PayPal account was closed and he could not sell me the item. I tried several more times to contact him through eBay and via direct emails to work out an alternate payment method. Even offered to up the price as it seemed that he just didn't want to sell the item for $.99. I have never received another reply from him.

On eBay he had even stated that his username had changed and anyone interested could check his other 2 or 3 user names and see his feedback ratings there. How many names does this loser go by? Seems he gets banned by eBay and PayPal as fast as he can set up a new account.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. HE GIVES "SHADEY" A NEW MEANING.\

Tracy

22lbsofboost
02-07-2006, 12:58 PM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=collegeblows&iid=

Payton
04-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I think he is selling stuff on ebay again: user name tub_o_turbo
Watch out!~