running like a spinning top!

crzykyman

ladies and gentlemen of sccoa.

thank you all for you every bit of info, finally , yes , finally , the 90 sc that i bought is up and running 110%.. everything that i could afford right now was replaced and fixed..
my list of parts to bring back this vintage car to life was as follows:

THE CAR ITSELF...
A new starter
2 New starter seloniods, (long story)
A new coil pack
A code scanner (lol)
A new dis module
A new air charge sensor

and a lot of information that you all helped me find and fix on this car.
thanks you guys, you all are great! this place rocks, too bad no one has offered me a 1970 chevelle for 250$ yet... who knows.... maybe it will happen.

I'm glad you got everything going!! I am in the process of fixing all of the little things on my '89. Last year my cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, interiors lights all quit, and somehow a large crack formed in my dash. I fixed all of those except for the cruise. I had intermittent starting problems that I was able to get strightened out. Also replaced head gaskets last year because my lower radiator hose burst while going down the interstate. By the time my temp gauge got on the upper side of normal, the car was really hot, the temp was a lot hotter than the gauge said it was. Anyway it warped the heads pretty bad. I know I am forgetting something.....OH YEAH someone sideswiped my car while it was parked in front of my house!! Not too bad though, I was able to get a new mirror and buff out most of the stuff.

crzykyman said:
ladies and gentlemen of sccoa.

thank you all for you every bit of info, finally , yes , finally , the 90 sc that i bought is up and running 110%.. everything that i could afford right now was replaced and fixed..
my list of parts to bring back this vintage car to life was as follows:

THE CAR ITSELF...
A new starter
2 New starter seloniods, (long story)
A new coil pack
A code scanner (lol)
A new dis module
A new air charge sensor

and a lot of information that you all helped me find and fix on this car.
thanks you guys, you all are great! this place rocks, too bad no one has offered me a 1970 chevelle for 250$ yet... who knows.... maybe it will happen.

Glad you got it going.

David

SCSVTSi said:
I'm glad you got everything going!! I am in the process of fixing all of the little things on my '89. Last year my cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, interiors lights all quit, and somehow a large crack formed in my dash. I fixed all of those except for the cruise. I had intermittent starting problems that I was able to get strightened out. Also replaced head gaskets last year because my lower radiator hose burst while going down the interstate. By the time my temp gauge got on the upper side of normal, the car was really hot, the temp was a lot hotter than the gauge said it was. Anyway it warped the heads pretty bad. I know I am forgetting something.....OH YEAH someone sideswiped my car while it was parked in front of my house!! Not too bad though, I was able to get a new mirror and buff out most of the stuff.

What did you find as the cause of the interior lights not funtioning? My SC is doing the same.....I had to rig up a new wire to get the interior lights to come on when the drivers door was open......

big-e

I fixed my interior lights while trying to fix my power mirrors. I wasnt expecting to fix the lights. My interior lights had always worked if I turned knob on the dash to make them come how. However they had never worked when I opened the door. Just last summer the power mirrors quit on me. While trying to fix the power mirrors, I found no power to the switch in the door. I read a post about a bad splice in the harness. So I pulled back the carpet and removed some trim pieces down by my foot. Traced the door harness coming into the interior and found where it splices with the rest of the main harness. Tracing that harness toward the rear of the car I found the bad splice. It was obvious, the wires were all corroded. Someone had tried to fix it before. There is no way it as a factory solder job. There was a big glob of solder. Some wire were so correded that even after I cut away an inch or two, the wire still wasnt usable and I had to cut them even farther back. I cant solder very well, but mine was 200% better than whoever tried before. Anyway once I fixed the splice, my mirrors worked and next time I opened the door the lights came on and the chime operated. I do not have any schematics to work with, I dont know how the lighting circuit is wired and why the lights worked with the switch on the dash but not with the door jamb switch. Like I said, someone had obviously made repairs in that area of the harness. For all I know the previous person wired it up his own way... I just fixed the broken spice that I found and that was the result.

Back