Flowmaster force II kit install question

sabre81

should i weld it up and what is the best/easiest procedure for installing the system?

thanks

Last edited:
flowmaster

i just did Kooks headers and Flowmaster catback...
i think that the catback was very easy to install and i would diffently not weld any of it together..

The muffler clamps work excellant and plus its easier to take on and off(you may need to take it off several times before it is finally done)

We did mine on a lift and it was easy, took maybe 45 minutes to get it fitted on the car

You ahve to have the resonator inplace before you do the back half of the system, then you slide the rest on

Todd

the shop that did mine test fit everything and mig welded it all together. works and sounds great.

??

How does that system sound? Did you get the resonator with it also? I got a dynomax kit...and it sounds the same as stock. I've been doing a lot of research to try to find the best resonator that will help out with sound. So far the flowmaster resonator seems the easiest. I was just hoping that the flowmaster and the dynomax mufflers will compliment each other.

um the flowmaster has a bad ass sound.....
deeper and throaty much better than stock!

Im very happy with the kit

Todd

i agree. i have the flowmaster res. and it sounds great. i have no cats though also. that makes a big difference in sound.

ok

so i should probably just go with the flow resonator....and keep the dynomax turbos. Seems that everyone that has dynomax mufflers....go with the magnaflow res. I am yet to find anyone that has flowmaster res. and dynomax mufflers. You guys say the flow res. will sound good.....i just hope you're right!

The Flowmaster Force 2 is very easy to install and sounds much nicer than stock. Definitely go with their resonator and the most important task is accurately measuring where you cut the stock downpipes. Flowmaster give decent instructions too. I've had the system on both my SC's for some years and Flowmaster even replaced a resonator after the warranty expired. The only trouble I ever had was the resonator to rear pipe connection sagging a little after time and rattling on that cross brace. The answer was to use 2 clamps on the rear of the resonator.

i just had it install today by a local garage. They only charged me 50 bucks flat rate! It soudns awesome. A little growl in low rpms and when i stomp on it, the car screams. 5 stars. :)

flowmaster force II

where did you guys buy the system at? What all does it include and how much did you pay? I saw the force II system on jegs.com and that was $269.99. that included:

SYSTEMS INCLUDE:

Performance Flowmaster muffler(s).
All pipes with hangers attached.
Clamps and mounting hardware.
Detailed installation instructions.

When down tubes are mentioned what does that mean? Do those replace the cats then? Thanks for the info.

JD
91sc

this is without the res. tubes is everything from the cats back that's not a muffler or resonator. should be about 389 with res. i ordered mine from jegs, and had it the next day.
-matt

flowmaster force II

mkstc,
i see the system on jegs that you ordered but i am not seeing the downtubes or the res that you ordered. 389 is not bad! that is really good. How does it sound?

i got mine from summitracing.com, ordered it sunday and recieved it tuesday. 398 bucks including shipping and handling.
This is the 2 kits (resonator kit and then the rest of the exhaust system)

sabre81,
thanks for reminding me about summit i forgot about them. You are saving me about 20 bucks. Thanks again.

stock downpipes measurement (?) into flowmaster force 2 Res

I checked this system out after reading this thread, sounds like an affordable and productive upgrade I need to do. I take it that most people are eliminating the cats, so how much space from downpipes to resonator is needed to fill and what measurements are the stock downpipes? Did the shop fit it without problems? (did they carry a pipe that fit the downtubes into the res) The res pipe is listed as 2 1/4, I'm guessing our stock pipes are not that=my question. Just trying to get everything in place before buying/trying.

Hrm...

You guys are actually showing me how much more affordable exhaust systems are than i actually though.... 398 is not bad... only reason i thought i couldnt afford it was looking at the SCP exhaust for 750.. and i thought almost all exhaust systems would be that price...

Guys, don't forget about custom.

A good exhaust shop can bend and weld up a nice system for under 400. You can order whatever muffler you want and have them do the pipe.

Also, if you are keeping the cats, you really should go to high flow if you want to take advantage of the exhaust flow improvements.

i love the sound of my flowmaster...i also have kooks headers.
I have two 2.5" high flow cats just after the headers....

todd

Back