Curious

Thomas Carroll

What is the widest possible tire size you could fit under our SC's? What would be some of the major handling issues. :confused: I'm asking this because I have a chance to get 4 Tires,size 275/35/18 & 285/35/18 for $200 dollars.They are Yokohama AVS Sports,so they are kind of expensive,so I would hate to pass up a good deal... ;) ,any feedback would be vital.

thanks, Thomas

Thomas, in most cases, depending on the specific model of tire, a 275 width tire is going to protrude from the front fenders of an MN-12 car. I know on my SC, with 255-45-18 on 8-1/2" wheels at +35 offset, they are very close to the suspension on the inside, and almost flush with the fender lip on the outside. The 275-40-17 Hoosier race tires I have on 9" wheels, which I use for open-track events only, stick out of the front fenders about 3/8".

I'd suggest buying the tires, then resell them to someone with a 99 - 04 Mustang for a profit. ;)

cheers
Ed N.

I'm running 255/50/17 on 9" wheels all the way around on my '94. At first, it rubbed the suspension so I made 2mm aluminum spacers... Those aluminum road signs came in handy! I kinda wish I went with 245/50/17 which would have been the same diameter as the stock tires but I guess that size is more specific to Jaguars, more expensive and less of a selection.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 65
I kinda of figured it would be to good to be true :( Oh well I'll take your advice Ed,and maybe try to sell them... ;) P.S. Hey Al nice car! :cool:

Thomas

Last edited:
Back