GRR! More sad then fun....

X

xThunderbirdSCx

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hey guys,
I just bought my SC not 2 weeks ago when suddenly ive been getting the usual problems that an 89 has. You know, the small cosmetic things, like now my window motor seems to blip every once in awhile like, it will jitter bit by bit when it goes up and down like (brr brr brr brr brr brr, moving a little at a time). :mad: Do you think the motor needs replaced? Well in the process of taking off the door panel, i managed to
A. break off an uncountable number of clips in the process :(
B. Not solve a thing :mad:
Which brings me to my first point. Are these cars like this...where there is alot more pain than happiness with the car. I mean, i have to now replace my upper control arms, prolly the head gaskets soon :mad: , replace the usual water pump, clutch, blah blah blah. :rolleyes: And im starting to have second thoughts. I mean i LOVE this car, but have they always been so high maintenence??????? Grrr...i wish everything would just work...

No they werent always that bad. The thing is now there old, so of course there gonna need some work. Thats no different than any Mustang, Chevelle, Torino, Cougar or any other of the cars I've owned that get this age or older.

If you look on ebay you can find a rebuild kit for the window motor for a few dollars just search for window motor rebuild kit for a ford thunderbird (not sc)if it does not come up check the box that says search in title and discriptions. I have used a few of these kits now and they work great. Yes these cars can sometimes be a pain in the a$$, BUT you will find them addicting I my self have owned 5 (still have 3) And am buying 1 more right now, my wife loves me lol!!!

Go to your local Autozone, or parts store. You know those little red packages that are in the "HELP" section? Well there's a package that has 3 little plastic pieces to it that is for rebuilding the window motor. If the motor is really really screwed up, you can get a nice rebuild kit from Rich at www.mn12performance.com

Autozone has lifetime warranty upper control arms for the front.

There are all right. With age comes work and believe me i know. I had a LX and everything was wrong with it. So its pretty common to have these problems.

Back