No spark & no idea

fotomaker

I just aquired an 89 SC auto tranny. The guy that I got it from said he was driving along, and it just quit. No other explination. He said he replaced everything his motor head buddies suggested. He's replaced (he said) the EEC, coil pack, crank position sensor. One thing he didn't replace was the anti theft module. One thing I noticed was that the door key and the ignition key don't match. I don't know if that makes a difference, but it might help to know. Another thing is that he never new the door code for the keyless entry. The reason I mention that is 'cause I think the alarm has armed, and is preventing the car from starting. The "alarm" light blinks even when the ignition key is is in the ignition. By the way the engine does turn over. Which is confusing, because I talke to a Ford tech, he said that if it was the security system that was keeping it from starting, it kill the starter alltogether. Any ideas?

Last edited:
keyless code

will be written some where on the hinges for the trunk and also on the control module box in the trunk ..which should be housed in the cover ..left hand side trunk ..that covers the fuel pump relay..passive restraint module ....dave

An armed anti-theft system will not allow the engine to crank when you turn the ignition key. It opens the circuit for the starter relay coil (the small terminal on the relay near the windshield washer reservoir). Since your starter works, your problem lies elsewhere.

Back