vac/boost question

92superJRK

Hey guys:

My boost gauage is only reading on the vac side. At idle, it stays at about 20, and fluctuates when I accelerate. The needle does not, however, go to the right side of the dial at any point in time. Also, the previous owner apparently has plugged the vac line, with a golf tee, that goes to the actuator of the bypass valve for the supercharger, which seems to keep the valve open at all times. I reattached the vac line to the actuator and that only made the valve stay shut at all times, wiping out my superchargedness. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

92superJRK said:
Hey guys:

My boost gauage is only reading on the vac side. At idle, it stays at about 20, and fluctuates when I accelerate. The needle does not, however, go to the right side of the dial at any point in time. Also, the previous owner apparently has plugged the vac line, with a golf tee, that goes to the actuator of the bypass valve for the supercharger, which seems to keep the valve open at all times. I reattached the vac line to the actuator and that only made the valve stay shut at all times, wiping out my superchargedness. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

The line for your gauge should be connected to the vacuum port next to the ACT sensor on the return plenum. This is on the rearmost driverside plenum next the the brake booster.

The line for the bypass valve should be connected to inlet plenum (just after the throttle body). On the early SC's there was a connector over on the driverside cowl that it went to first. You can bypass all that mess and go straight to the inlet plenum. Most likely there is a one way check valve on the line you are now using (accessory feed).

Back