Engine swap

NCRedbird

How practical and what would it require to put a super coupe motor in place of the 3.8l in my daughters 01 mustang. Somebody whipped out the passenger side of my 91SC and I would like to salvage something out of my time and money in the car. The SC was well maintained and had less than 60,000.

It would still probably be cheaper to simply buy on of the centrifical blower kits for the stang. I have a 94sc motor in my 94 stang and if you cant fabricate and do everything yourself the cost would be more then its worth. The spit port heads on the stang are much better then the single ports and with a centrifical supercharger can make great power. The biggest problem is the SC intercooler ends up inside the engine compartment behind the rad with 0 air flow. That is if you dont build a nice front mount or water to air for it.

BKB said:
It would still probably be cheaper to simply buy on of the centrifical blower kits for the stang.QUOTE]
BUT IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN! AND QUITE A CHALLENGE TOO....i love a good challenge...

You need the computer and the harness, all the sensors. It should go in o.k. The only issue may be the transmission. My guess is that isn't a big issue. There are a few stangs running around with SC motors in them.

Back