PDA

View Full Version : Rice talk from a T-Bird owner!!!

SCaddict
02-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Today I was at the bank and when I left there was another T-Bird parked beside me. The guy asked me where I got my gauge pod from, so I told him. When I fired the car up he said "is that a 4.6L" and I said not it's a supercharged 3.8. I said, what do you have? He replied supercharged 3.8, but I noticed the car was an LX. He said that he took all the body stuff off. He went on to say that he picked up the car for $200 and that he got the motor from the states at a dealership that had the motor sitting on a stand for $2700. He said that he had the supercharger rebuilt in the states as well. So far not too bad of a story but he said that his boost gauge is a led meter in the stock LX cluster and when the light says MAX it takes off!! He is also using a LX AOD and says that his friend has a WRX STI and that he can eat the STI out of the hole. He said that his car won't go into OD because of the torque factor. :confused: The story continued for a while but I kept asking him to let me see under the hood and he replied "no" several times. He said I will show you the trunk but that is a far as I will go. Just a wanna be SC owner, but I would have given him props for whatever he had. Just goes to show that talking smack isn't just for rice.

Conan56
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
LOL Thats pretty good

I have a Turbo Boost button in my SC I bought it from the Knight Rider producers

Melon
02-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Just a wanna be SC

That describes my T-Bird :D And I'm more than willing to show anyone my engine bay. I would have asked him stupid SC related questions to find out if he was really speaking the truth or taking out of his tail pipe :D

-Andy "Melon"

SCaddict
02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I did ask him questions and he would look into space. If you did a swap and could take STI's out of the hole you would be so willing to show what you have. He had no clue what he was saying. He said a few times if you ever want to sell your car, let me know.

chadder1313
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Why not be honest with him? You should of said stop talking till i see whats under the hood.

quick35th
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Damn thats funny. I cant stand people sometimes.

Shane

sail7seas
02-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I meet a guy who said he had a 4.10 in the rear end of his 5 speed 1989 SC. ~~~?

darkstar_one
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
ha this is funny, because at the gas station by my house this one black guy pulls up and asks me if mine was the SUPERCHARGED... i said yeah, he says, me too... im like no it isnt... he is like yeah it is... im like they didnt come that color and not that year either... it was a gay TAN color and the year looked like a 96-97, i asked him also to let me see his engine and he refused and said that he had to leave... it was funny... why would anyone take the time around here to do a conversion... too much problems...

SCaddict
02-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Why not be honest with him? You should of said stop talking till i see whats under the hood.
I don't like to make people feel bad. Just my big heart. :)

ThunderDave
02-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Or you could have said "let's line them up and go for it". I saw a friend at the parts store today that I hadn't seen in a while. He saw the car and asked if I had a 302 in it. I said "no". Then he asked if I had a 429 in it. I said "no" and proceeded to pop the hood so he could see for himself. He said "oh, a 3.8", but I don't think he knew what he was looking at. Yeah, I think if someone tells you their engine is supercharged, they could at least let you see it.

quick35th
02-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Now that I am thinking about it there is this black Tbird in my town with 5.0 badges on the side and that funny chrome strip around the fender flairs. I talked to the guy once and I think he said it was a 93. He says it was an SC but he put a 5.0 supercharged lightning engine in it. I told him that there was never a 5.0 engine in a lightning and the only SC lightning was a 5.4 so... I asked him to pop the hood but he refused. I told him that I owned a 35th and he said he had seen it around and I wanted to race him. While he went into the store I sneaked around the car and looked into it. I found it to not have the ARC botton and it had a dual sump oil pan like one from a 5.0. So I concluded that it was a 93 LX SC clone. Oh and its his wife's daily driver too lol.

Shane

92TBurnSC
02-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Kinda like the guy I saw in Taylorville, IL who had a GTP with a "supercharged V8" in it. I never did see under his hood. Heh.

95pearlbird
03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
I've run into a few of these guys like this. They all crack me up. It seems like all their information was gleaned out of a 10-year old Hot Rod mag. What's funniest to me, is that they're drivin' it, and they're not even sure of what they're driving! There are some common traits to these "wunder-kids", (or are they blunder-kids?) First is the "dazzle them with brilliance" technique, when their facts don't connect, the mode turns to "baffle them with bull-s#*t".
Then comes the defensive "don't confuse me with the facts" stance, and lastly, the "stare off into space 'till I think of something better to come up with" expression. 7 out of 10 will do a chirp or a burn-out as they leave to demonstrate their awesome power to you. Call it bravado of the right foot.
These are the same guys that "worked on the Space Shuttle, but they kicked me out because I was smarter than them" ;-) Amazingly, they are all ex-rocket scientists! One of the best ones I ever ran across was a guy telling me about his "blown 428 Hemi", all under the hood of a stock-looking beater Mustang. What really got me was when I asked him to show me under the hood. He said it was "welded shut so it don't fly off"... I replied, "Wow, that must really be a P.in the A. to have to pull the motor just to change the oil",
with a hint of sarcasm and a sly wink. He got mad and flustered, turned beet red, slammed his door shut, issued a couple of expletives, and as he departed the parking lot, flew the hawaiian peace sign, and attempted his best effort at a slight chirp. I swear he had a high-mileage junkyard six out of an old Maverick. With a miss. You know the type. ;-)

Scott Long
03-01-2005, 01:46 PM
I was at a car show once and saw a black SC w/ a cervini's hood. I was like "WHOA" so I look inside and see woodgrain and an LX wheel. Made me wonder. The hood wasn't up. This was before I bought my first SC.

Then last summer I was at the pool hall and I park next to it w/ my black SC. My girlfriend was like look at the SC. I think it still had the black stripe tail lights. It took me a second to figure it out but I saw the steering wheel again and then I remembered that it was an LX w/ an SC body kit. It looked nice from the outside. It turns out a TCCoA member built it and sold it a few years back but the kids that own it I have been told try to pass it off as an SC. I was trying to get the guy to race but he didn't want to. Not like he'd have a snow balls chance in hell against my black SC :D