Trunk Wont Open

94SCBird

Ok I Have No Idea But Maybe This Has Happened Before. I Have A 1994 SC, And When I Push The Button In My Center Console Nothing Happens, When I Push The Trunk Button On My Keyless Entry I Can Hear It Click. WHATS WRONG? lol Is There Like A Switch Somewhere That Got Flipped And Wont Let It Open Or What? Im Tryin To Put A System In And Its Not Working To Well From Going Through The Back Seats lol

Thanks Keith

Is there no key for the trunk? I would think there should be another way to open the trunk if the remote switch fails to.

Is your trunk release button in the locked position?
If not then it could be the connector under the top of the console that has become loose or the button pooped out.
You may be able to remove the connector and jump the wires to check if the button is bad.
Bill

..something like this happened with my cougar -- this prolly isn't the same, but something was wrong with my latch, to where alot of weight had to be placed apon it before it would open (I just pushed down on it while my brother pushed the button) --- it would click then come open...

I doubt it would work but I suppose it couldn't hurt.

-Chad

the solinoid for the trunk release has become to weak to open the latch.i have run into this numerous times on cars ,3 times on my own cars alone.i've tried to adjust the latch but replacment seems to be the only fix.

trunk lock?

if you can get into the trunk you can open it up manualy. first you need to pry off the black cover over the lock meck. then you can get to it from the back side. depending on the model you need to pull down on the peice of plastic that holds it together. if you decide to take off the white plastic peice be very careful as this holds the locking meck together. once brokenoff you need to buy a new one from ford. [i did this thats how i know] in all it should take you about 5 min. to open the trunk. thats from the time you climb in there until you climb out again. pretty easey.

Back