Bad Sensor..help indentify it plz

Lvcien

Hmm, I couldn't find a read up close view of the engine expect one Lonestar SC took for the power steering pump, so I used that, in the red circle (the one with the green and red arrows pointing towards it) there is a sensor there, the plug goes horizonally into it, not vertically -- Anyone know what kind of sensor this is?

When it's plugged in my car dies as soon as it's started, but when it's not my car idles at 2000rpm (which I think is a little high) -- The check engine light is on and I don't have a code reader :( .. anyone know a cheap trick to rig something up to tell me the code?

Thanks

-Chad

Attachments

• psr1.jpg
    psr1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 100
It looks like your talking about the idle air control valve although the throttle position sensor is in the same area.

That would be the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS). You just have to go to a ford dealership and get a new one.

CMac89 said:
That would be the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS). You just have to go to a ford dealership and get a new one.

Yep, Thank ya :) I'm speaking with Ford right now about a new one :)

"Is it the sensor towards the back of the throttle body or the one in front?"

Back :)

The one towards the back is the TPS (throttle position sensor) and the one towards the front is the IAC (idle air control valve).

NCredSC said:
The one towards the back is the TPS (throttle position sensor) and the one towards the front is the IAC (idle air control valve).

At the tip of the green arrow is the TPS. At the center of the red circle is the IAC if this helps. Your windshield washer fluid tank is missing BTW... ;) Its the thing that woudl normally be behind the fuse box which is the thing behind the battery. :cool:

TbirdSCFan said:
At the tip of the green arrow is the TPS. At the center of the red circle is the IAC if this helps. Your windshield washer fluid tank is missing BTW... ;) Its the thing that woudl normally be behind the fuse box which is the thing behind the battery. :cool:

LOL, the picture is by Lonestar SC (so I guess he's missing the fluid tank -- LMAO) ... ;)

TbirdSCFan said:

LOL, the picture is by Lonestar SC (so I guess he's missing the fluid tank -- LMAO) ... ;)

Back