Got my birthday presant

scbird1

Well today is my birthday and look like I have my work cut out for me a I just got a red 92 SC. Well here it is #8

Attachments

• DVC00060.JPG
    DVC00060.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
scbird1 said:
Well today is my birthday and look like I have my work cut out for me a I just got a red 92 SC. Well here it is #8
You are a glutton for punishment :D

Yes I am a glutton and at my age it gets even worse. The bad part is it needs all kinds of parts and I just sold off my last sc part today, an engine block.

NCredSC said:
To quote the late great John Lennon, "It'll be just like starting over". :D

Happy Birthday, and let's just hope your new SC doesn't need as much work as mine :rolleyes:

-Chad

Thank you guys and it feels good to have a SC again, I THINK :confused:
Its been about a year and every time I step on the gas in my v6 LX I feel like im missing 3 cylinders it revs up and thats about it. This one dose not run yet.
Im now taking parts donations so if you have anything just drive by my house and throw it onto the front lawn :D

Whaaaaa........!

If we throw those parts on the lawn? how ya gonna find 'em in all that snow?????? Happy Birthday, cheers and beers, W.L.

Well looks like its going to be more work then expected. # 1 cylinder has
125 psi, #2 has 60 psi, and #3 has 150 psi. This is a brand new engine{yah right}. looks like the guy who had this cooked the engine before he had a chance to drive it. Looks like its engine pulling time but its nice and clean and most of bolts are missing. Check this out, 3 bolts holding the trany to engine, one bolt on each exhaust flange, one on the starter, one on the coil pack. Its a good thing he didnt drive it or there would be some free SC parts on the road. I was hopeing that who ever installed the engine did not rebuild it but look like the same guy did it all. Oh and when you put antifreeze in it it looks like a lawn sprinkler :eek: This is why if you have never worked on a SC dont try to rebuild one untill you know the car inside and out. Well got to go now and find some bolts and pull this thing down to the bone.

scbird1 said:
Well looks like its going to be more work then expected. # 1 cylinder has
125 psi, #2 has 60 psi, and #3 has 150 psi. This is a brand new engine{yah right}. looks like the guy who had this cooked the engine before he had a chance to drive it. Looks like its engine pulling time but its nice and clean and most of bolts are missing. Check this out, 3 bolts holding the trany to engine, one bolt on each exhaust flange, one on the starter, one on the coil pack. Its a good thing he didnt drive it or there would be some free SC parts on the road. I was hopeing that who ever installed the engine did not rebuild it but look like the same guy did it all. Oh and when you put antifreeze in it it looks like a lawn sprinkler :eek: This is why if you have never worked on a SC dont try to rebuild one untill you know the car inside and out. Well got to go now and find some bolts and pull this thing down to the bone.
Good luck with that, brother!

Mark,
I knew you couldn't stay away too long. As soon as i pulled out of the driveway with your last SC, i bet u felt that itch again haha. Well good luck with this one, i'm sure you will be fine with it though, nothing u can't handle (I think i smell an AR project). Lemme know if you're gonna sell it when its finished....I might be able to find you a buyer. My friend with a 98 V6 Firebird (hahaha) is starting to get tired of me putting him to shame. :cool:

-Trey

P.S.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Trey, This one has alot of mods but the AR is just a tad over my budget. It dose sound tempting though :D Need to go though the entire engine on this one.

Hey Pete, this is your cars twin except for the grey interrior and 5 speed. You dont have a spare engine do you? just kidding. The brakes seem to be fine. Stop by when you get home and check it out. Talk to you soon, Mark

P.S. When you guys gonna join the club to see the rest of the boards?
It will be the cheapest thing you ever bought for this car. ;)

Last edited:
scbird1 said:
Hey Pete, this is your cars twin except for the grey interrior and 5 speed. You dont have a spare engine do you? just kidding. The brakes seem to be fine. Stop by when you get home and check it out. Talk to you soon, Mark

P.S. When you guys gonna join the club to see the rest of the boards?
It will be the cheapest thing you ever bought for this car. ;)

There are other boards????!!!???? :eek: I guess I'll send in my 15 bones.

What is wrong with this picture? I cant imagine why this would not hold antifreeze. Maybe this was why this new motor $**T its guts out. :eek:

Attachments

• DVC00061.JPG
    DVC00061.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DVC00064.JPG
    DVC00064.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 54
scbird1 said:
What is wrong with this picture? I cant imagine why this would not hold antifreeze. Maybe this was why this new motor $**T its guts out. :eek:

That would certianly explain one of the coolant leaks.

David

The same young man assembled the engine :eek: One bolt held the jack shaft to the heads, one held the alt-power steering bracket on and it was finger tight. Fuel rails= loose bolts, valve covers missing bolts, and I think the biggest problem was all the intercooler tubes were very loose= lean engine condition. This thing did run for a day. Im not complainig as I like to make things right again and save yet another bird from the jaws of the crusher but if some of you out there are good at building models and have no mecanical back ground, stick with the models. Engine comes out tonite. I think im looking at holes in the pistons. Its sad because of all the work he put into it but life is a learning experience, even for me. The rest of the car is great except the back bumper but its a work in progress.

Back