More Discountinued Parts from Ford

OzzManG149

I called a local dealership today trying to get some prices on Piston Rings, Rod Bearings and Main Bearings to find out that they have been discountinued by Ford. Before to long we will not be able to get anything from Ford. lol

Internal engine parts generally are not competitively priced with the aftermarket from Ford anyway ... so we're not missing much. ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Damn this sucks. I wander what will happen when all the 3.8 Ford stuff dries up. Maybe everyone will be forced to switch to the 5.0 lol!!! Just kidding guys.

Shane

Hey you never know. It could happen. Then again you have those people out there that take a perfectly good running 3.8SC motor out of a good SC or 35th and drop a 5.0 in it just because they want a V8 and because they think with the right setup it will be better than most 3.8s. I think I know someone that fits this discription quiet well.

Shane

Bill Elliot Special 5.0L Cbobra kit and every racing Mod. Bought it for Diane

We own a Bill Elliot Special, We bought it at a auction on ebay. Yhis car looks Identicl to an SC with a Cobra kit, MSD ignition griffin, eibach, balanced engine, to much to mention, Oh a lentech beatiful car 36 thousand original miles. This 5.0 is a 12 sec. car Its fast I wish I knew how to put images on here and show this beauty...We will only drive her on Sundays or to a car show.I'll try to put some images on.

just a small block........

quick35th said:
Hey you never know. It could happen. Then again you have those people out there that take a perfectly good running 3.8SC motor out of a good SC or 35th and drop a 5.0 in it just because they want a V8 and because they think with the right setup it will be better than most 3.8s. I think I know someone that fits this discription quiet well.

Shane
Heck, if you are going thru all the work, might as well do like I did. Put a mountian motor BIG BLOCK and go play with anyone you want. Oh yes it is in a 35th car as well. Maybe that is because I have so many of them that it is ok............Rich

pro street rich said:
Heck, if you are going thru all the work, might as well do like I did. Put a mountian motor BIG BLOCK and go play with anyone you want. Oh yes it is in a 35th car as well. Maybe that is because I have so many of them that it is ok............Rich

LOL!! Rich I dont want all that weight on my front end so no mountain motor for me. Only time will tell the fate of my 35th as of right now. 5.0 project may die. But only for the better :)

Shane

Weight is not a deal at all

quick35th said:
LOL!! Rich I dont want all that weight on my front end so no mountain motor for me. Only time will tell the fate of my 35th as of right now. 5.0 project may die. But only for the better :)

Shane
If you put EVERYTHING on the scale that you take out of the car and put a big block with alumium heads and intake you will find that you are 65 lbs lighter with the big block!!!!!
You have to keep in mind that all those HEAVY mounting brackets are gone, plus you have the weight of the inner cooler& tubes. That M90 on top has some weight to it as well.
You add all this stuff up and you will be looking at a weight saving by going this way.
Now the fact that you now will have an engine that will pound out over 800 horse's at the crank on pump gas and LOOK OUT Z06's they don't stand a chance......I know...........Rich

Hmm. I still am not really interested in a big block. Though the whole concept of it is really cool dont get me wrong but a big block would not be legal for SCCA and parts are expensive too. I think a 03' crate motor would be plenty for road course racing making 500HP. That will be what kills the 5.0 project. Then I will have to figure out what I am going to do with this parts car I just got lol!

Shane

Back