Group Purchase 1.73 Scorpion Roller Rockers

XR7 Dave

Minimum 4 people required. Price is $199 + $10 shipping lower 48 states.

Scorpion roller rockers are Made in America, top grade products. These will be bolt in 1.73 replacements with the correct length bolts so you don't have to worry about thread engagement in your aluminum heads.

Please post here if interested!

I might be interested, but will the price get even cheaper if we have more than 4 people willing to do it? I'm at a toss up if i want to go with 1.73, or go to 1.8's to get some more out of my cam, but i will need new springs. Keep us informed Dave.

fastsc92 said:
I might be interested, but will the price get even cheaper if we have more than 4 people willing to do it? I'm at a toss up if i want to go with 1.73, or go to 1.8's to get some more out of my cam, but i will need new springs. Keep us informed Dave.
I can vouch that 1.8s will not get you any more HP. I went from stamped stockers to 1.8's with the same cam as you have and picked up -0- hp or et's. The thing I didn't like about the 1.8's is that they put the pushrods too close to the pass-through holes in the heads. I ended up bending pushrods on account of that. Others have used stronger than stock pushrods seem to be doing ok but the pushrods are still hitting the heads. In the future I will always run the 1.73's for that reason.

David

XR7 Dave said:
I can vouch that 1.8s will not get you any more HP. I went from stamped stockers to 1.8's with the same cam as you have and picked up -0- hp or et's. The thing I didn't like about the 1.8's is that they put the pushrods too close to the pass-through holes in the heads. I ended up bending pushrods on account of that. Others have used stronger than stock pushrods seem to be doing ok but the pushrods are still hitting the heads. In the future I will always run the 1.73's for that reason.

David

How much did you pick up going from stockers to 1.73's?

Last edited:
T-bird4vr said:
How much did you pick up going from stockers to 1.73's?
Nothing. But stock rockers also hit the retainers at .513" lift. If you are running a high lift cam there are more reasons than HP to run rollers.

rockers

bt motorsports has them for $200 plus shipping which probably wouldn't be much over $10. his prices are set all the time. if you could get them even cheaper starting out then i'd consider it but not when its a dollar less than Paul's. so maybe you could help out on the price a little more.

XR7 Dave said:
Nothing. But stock rockers also hit the retainers at .513" lift. If you are running a high lift cam there are more reasons than HP to run rollers.

I'll be going with .520'' lift cam so you're saying that I can't use stock arms.If I can't use stock ones, I'm in for 1.73,s but highest I can go is $200 shipped

I should have said "In my case" the stock rockers hit the retainers. I don't mean to imply that they will be needed in all cases. As always check clearances and make the choice that is right for you.

I didn't realize that BTM was offering the rockers at that price still. I thought it was a group buy thing as well. I guess I need to shop around more for a better price. :D Consider this buy cancelled until I can find something better.

David

money

i'm sorry for my previous statement. the prices have raised since i last checked. they are now $225. again i'm sorry for saying something w/o checking it out.

Last edited:
If anyone is seriously interested I'll still go through with it. Contact me via my email in my sig

grossk90sc said:
i'm sorry for my previous statement. the prices have raised since i last checked. they are now $225. again i'm sorry for saying something w/o checking it out.
Just to clear up any confusion, the prices shown on my site have always stayed the same. Any lower prices previously seen were part of a group purchase like what Dave is attempting to offer.

Paul

Back