how hards my rod

AsScLoWn

so SC and non SC rods from 89-93 are the same, i cant tell the difference, can you tell the difference? :confused:

you need a rockwell tester for hardness, and a tensile tester for elongation and tensile strength, thats the only way to tell the difference

Last edited:
seems they had a few left over rods ..from something ..my caps from 3 different motors .. all have the same numbers on them #4 or are blank ..startin to think there's a few V7's out there ...dave

someone missplaced their rod, ones stamped with a F4 number and its not bushed , but it looks similar to some SC rods I have, and no one has said SC and non SC rods are different, are the rods different or am I getting the shaft :eek:

AsScLoWn said:
so SC and non SC rods from 89-93 are the same, i cant tell the difference, can you tell the difference? :confused:
it all depends on if they are viagrods those are really hard the enzyte rods are not as hard but do last longer when worked hard,

:D

94/95

3.8 supercharged rods were update ..in 1990 the SC R code motor and the NA 3.8 used the same rods part # 6205 ....and used same muffler bearings....dave

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
so I guess eventhough the heads are different on these pieces I can use whatever rod I can grab, they are the same material and appear to be formed the same way

OMFG, I get it now, ALL YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOU PERVERTS!!!! :rolleyes:

I checked at Ford and the guy said SC and non SC rods are the same and early Windstar blocks dont have main girdles, just windage trays :confused:

AsScLoWn said:
I checked at Ford and the guy said SC and non SC rods are the same and early Windstar blocks dont have main girdles, just windage trays :confused:
Now you know why SC's blow headgaskets. And all this time I thought is was the thermostat. :mad:

Back