1.73 roller rocker install

wisupercoupe

I did a search and nobody really answers my question. The head is basically stock yet. (next winter will be a full rebuild) I have a set of Frod motorsport 1.73 rockers. Will these bolt up to the stock stud? Or do I need to get new studs. Thanks for any help.

They will bolt right up using the supplied pedistals. However you want to ensure that the rockers have no play and that the lifters have the correct amount of preload. I've got a very good instruction step-by-step from Dr. Fred at the house. I'll be able to post that later this evening. I didn't ensure that I had everything done right and now I've got the top 1/2 torn down again, making the proper adjustments. Even though the rockers are non-adjustable, there are still adjustments that may need to be made. Just keep that in mind. I'll have that information later today.

wisupercoupe said:
I did a search and nobody really answers my question. The head is basically stock yet. (next winter will be a full rebuild) I have a set of Frod motorsport 1.73 rockers. Will these bolt up to the stock stud? Or do I need to get new studs. Thanks for any help.

Did you buy stud mounted (adjustable) or pedistal mounted (non adjustable) ? I only asked because you mentioned studs, and the SC uses pedistal mounts.

David

Quick resurrection...

Are ya'll saying that stud mount roller rockers can be used with these 12.9 - 8mm 1.25 x 60mm bolts

Or the pedistal mount ones will need these bolts???

I've got a 212/220 531/539exh cam and will be using the Comp 986 springs

986 Double
OD- 1.400
ID- .697
Seat Load- 132@ 1.750
Open Load- 280@ 1.250
Coil Bind- 1.150
Rate (lb/in)- 296

Do you think roller rockers will be benificial to this setup????

Thanks!

Back