eec and catch code question

x182dan

I just found out that my EEC is the reason why my tranny is messing up on its shifts. My question is that if I use another computer from a 1994sc auto like mine do I need the exact same catch code or would even the different codes work. Would the different catch code make the car not run rite?

x182dan said:
I just found out that my EEC is the reason why my tranny is messing up on its shifts. My question is that if I use another computer from a 1994sc auto like mine do I need the exact same catch code or would even the different codes work. Would the different catch code make the car not run rite?

Any 94 auto EEC will work in the car. However, your chip may not work very well though. The EEC Tuner uses one file for all 94's, but your diablo chip may access different areas that may cause a problem. How do you know the problem is in the EEC?

XR7 Dave said:
Any 94 auto EEC will work in the car. However, your chip may not work very well though. The EEC Tuner uses one file for all 94's, but your diablo chip may access different areas that may cause a problem. How do you know the problem is in the EEC?

I could really care a less about the chip because I need to get it reburn anyway. All I know is that the tranny guy checked the voltage on everything in the tranny and it was good all solenoids and everything checked out good. He used to work for a ford dealer so I believe him. He said its an electrical problem and he asked if I had a chip and that was messing it up, the chip currently isn't installed so I know it isn't that

x182dan said:
I could really care a less about the chip because I need to get it reburn anyway. All I know is that the tranny guy checked the voltage on everything in the tranny and it was good all solenoids and everything checked out good. He used to work for a ford dealer so I believe him. He said its an electrical problem and he asked if I had a chip and that was messing it up, the chip currently isn't installed so I know it isn't that

Well, EEC's do cause problems from time to time so I won't rule that out. So without the chip you can use any 94-95 auto EEC. Just don't try a 5spd EEC. ;) What problems are you having? Have you read the diagnostic FAQ in Jerry's AOD's 101 at the TCCOA? He covers just about everything and there isn't a person on the planet who knows more about the 4R70W.

XR7 Dave said:
Well, EEC's do cause problems from time to time so I won't rule that out. So without the chip you can use any 94-95 auto EEC. Just don't try a 5spd EEC. ;) What problems are you having? Have you read the diagnostic FAQ in Jerry's AOD's 101 at the TCCOA? He covers just about everything and there isn't a person on the planet who knows more about the 4R70W.

Sometimes the car will not shift into 2nd, it will act like its gonna but it will just shift from first and then back into first, usually this only happends when I have the car floored but even does it sometimes only under part throttle.

Back