upgraded my daily driver...

supercharged95

upgraded my daily driver(pics added)

as most of you know, i go through daily drivers like i go through women, but i think i might hold on to this one for a while. The civic was burning oil, and i didn't really like the car. i put it up for sale and i had a buyer within two days of me posting the car on dragsource.com.
from the proceeds of that i bought a 1990 plymouth laser fwd(it is the turbo model). i got an awesome deal on this car that i just couldn't pass up. I want to do a few minor upgrades to the car and when it's all said and done i'm hoping for a low 13/high 12sec reliable daily driver. i know i know- you've all heard that dsms are unreliable, but when modded properly and not driven stupid they will last a long time(or so i've heard/read). i know this thread is useless without pics, dont worry.... i'll be posting some tonight. :)

Last edited:
check back in like 15 mins... menke was giving me chit about it today so i just took a few. the car is by no means pretty, so dont expect anything too great :eek:

as promised...
(there are more pics at my website if any of you guys care enough :cool: )

driversside.sized.jpg

engine compartment....things to look for:
16g turbo
mbc(manual boost controller)

engine01.sized.jpg

stock sidemount intercooler
sidemount.sized.jpg

interior:
(dont laugh at my ghey shift knob; much better than the stocker... referred to in the dsm community as 'the dildo')
interior02.sized.jpg

interior03.sized.jpg

cluster.sized.jpg

another inaccurate factory boost gauge
boostgauge.sized.jpg

i want to add that the interior in this car is awesome. i've driven many 5spd cars, and this is the first one i can say that i feel comfortable enought to lean back and shift.

Last edited:
45 views and only 1 comment? come on guys, i would like to hear sooooooome feeback. call me a ricer, call it a pile, say what you will but at least say something

uuuhhhmmm...moose poopie.
There, I said something.
Looks ok man. I mean, you should see my old daily driver (the Caprice). Now there is an ugly ol car. Actually, these (DSM's) are pretty nice. They ride well, handle good, have acceptable power, and are good for gas mileage. Of course, it'll probably take more work than your SC if you plan on racing it. I've heard they are significant in terms of work needed to run with.

Ummmm....it's missing something .........................................................
A big giant wing? Nope....Ground effects that are three different colors and are falling off? Nope....Stickers for horsepower!!! Nope, that's not it either!
What is it................................... :rolleyes:
I know....it should have a broom behind it pushing it toward the pooper scooper :D

Just kiddin' It's what you make of it....granted...that could be any of the above....or not ;)

i just ordered one of those awesome blow off valve simulators off of ebay, then i'm gettin some 18s and a sweeeeeet double stacked, 4foot spoiler. after that i'm gonna get a light up muffler tip and maybe a 5" monster tach that changes colors... then i'll turn my visor sideways and do some ricer fly-bys
(damm, i can't add any 'adult smilies', as the site is blocked by work.. i'll add one when i get home)

Don't waste your money on a double decker wing. Build it out of 2x8's. It'll look just as good and only cost you a couple of bucks.

Don't forget to weld in the woooo-woooo thing into the exhaust....we want to hear ya coming....

90blkbrd said:
It took you 2 1/2 days to come up with that response. Pretty weak. :rolleyes:

i know i know- i've been busy trying to make this car suck less :p bought some different wheels for it(nothing too special), and i'm looking to replace the broken stock chit on the car (bumper/tail lights).

Ya, so it is 2 fast 2 furious yet?

I worked with a guy last summer that is building up a DSM. I am sure it will run 10s if he ever finishes it. I can't remember what all he was doing to it, but it was a complete rebuild, may have had a racing block in it as well.

T-bird4vr said:
Ya, so it is 2 fast 2 furious yet?

I worked with a guy last summer that is building up a DSM. I am sure it will run 10s if he ever finishes it. I can't remember what all he was doing to it, but it was a complete rebuild, may have had a racing block in it as well.

haha oh yea.. here's a pic of what just came in the mail
Cavalier%2095-99%20GTR%20style%20spoiler.jpg

i'm bored tonight and will probably get some batteries and snap some pics of the rims tomorrow (they're just stock 1g wheels, but much better than the steelie/hubcap combo i had on in the earlier pics)

edit:
i raced my buddies 04 nissan specV (low 15sec car) and completely owned him after the 1/8th mile mark. i'm assuming my car is in the mid 14sec range, but need to get to the track to test see for sure. unless of course menke works up the courage to go at it ;)

Last edited:
I sure hope you put that wing on the front bumper to help stop the wheel hop. If you put it on the back, the front wheels might not even touch the ground. :D

Back