ARC shock Q?

HSKR

Was just wondering how adjustable our shocks are. Is it possible to get a little extra firmness out of them by setting them to "firm", then removing the motors from the shocks, letting them adjuster go to normal, and then put the adjusters back on. 1st, is this possible as far as turning the adjusters like that to make it more firm, or is there only a certain amount the adjuster can turn before they hit a stop?

HSKR said:
Was just wondering how adjustable our shocks are. Is it possible to get a little extra firmness out of them by setting them to "firm", then removing the motors from the shocks, letting them adjuster go to normal, and then put the adjusters back on. 1st, is this possible as far as turning the adjusters like that to make it more firm, or is there only a certain amount the adjuster can turn before they hit a stop?

Yeah, I'd like to know about that too!!!
I just put some new Tokico shocks & springs on (THEN I found the post about other shocks being better). Anyway, from what I could tell, the actuators only turned about 90-100°. Also, the actuators never really lined up on the shocks, causing me to turn the inside of the shock until it fit... it made me wonder if I was turning it softer or firmer. It's working fine now & I get the alignment today. I did turn the inside of my old shocks & after 13 full turns counter-clockwise, I gave up & threw them away.

Well, I watched the actuators off the shocks, and you are right, they only turn like 90 degrees and stop. And turning them counter clockwise woudl make them softer if it did work that way. Just wondering if it's an actual adustment like that, or if you are just turning the rod to expose a different set of valves for the firm ride.

HSKR said:
you are just turning the rod to expose a different set of valves for the firm ride.

Bingo!! ;)

Two sets of holes that the fluid gets forced through. Larger ones for the regular setting, smaller ones for the firm setting.

cheers
Ed N.

Back