Keyless Question!!!

SCFan84

Is there a way to find out if my car has keyless entry without going to Ford and having them run my VIN to see the options. My car is a '93 SC and it doesn't have the keypad on the door so i'm HOPING that it has the keyless. I didn't have a Key Fob when i bought it but i know people like to loose stuff like that. I'm curious if there is a Keyless entry unit i can look for and what does it look like. I may get a Remote if it has it. Thanks for the help guys. ~Cole~

Last edited:
If you still have the window sticker you can look at it but if you dont have the keypad I doubt the car has keyless entry.

Keyless entry

Hey, I recently ran accross the same delima. Except that my 93 had the keypad on the door. You can definatly tell if yours has keyless if you look in your trunk on the drivers side where your fuel kill switch is, "behind the skirting" you will see a black shroud with either a white or black box attached to it and a 2 pin connector not connected to anything. If you have that two pin connector the chances are you have keyless entry. If you do have it. To find out for sure turn your ignition on or to acc. Then jump the two pins together. If your doorlocks lock and then unlock immediatly after "system going into program mode" then you have keyless enty. To get a contoller look on ebay. I see them all the time there. To program them is a snap. Just jumper the pins as stated above push a button on all the controllers that you want to program "up to 3 controllers", and turn off the ignition "exiting program mode." Well I hope that this has help. Have a blessed day.

Donny

Check in the driver side of the trunk behind the carpet--do you have a box with a coaxial wire going to it and a bunch of regular wires? The coaxial wire looks just like the one on the factory radio(black with a right angle silver metal tip).Check the pass. side too---its been so long since I've seen mine I cant be sure which side its on---do you have keyless on the door? If you dont have that then I dont think you'll have remote keyless.Hope this helps.

how big is this box. I'm not sure i know what to look for. I have a hole cluster of electronics back there. Does anybody have a picture of this box so i could see. If you do i'd love it. Thanks guys. ~Cole~

Pictures

Here is your pictures. Hope this helps. God bless.

Donny

Attachments

• IMG00003.jpg
    IMG00003.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG00004.jpg
    IMG00004.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 80
Other two pics

Here is the other two pics. Sorry new with posting pics. God bless.

Attachments

• 143.JPG
    143.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 144.JPG
    144.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 68
Back