Got my car back together and....

CMac89

it backfires and pops real bad out of the exhaust. When you hold the throttle about halfway open it surges really bad and backfires between surges. Could this be because the cam synchro is 180 degrees out?

Well I changed the timming again and it runs and idles alright. there is no lobe from the cam though!!! it was backfiring and bucking everyonce in a while at low RPM at maybe 4-6 vac.

Hey, I had that same problem with an SC I bought like 3 years ago.. it was really quit silly, but the spark plug wires were crossed. it was doing the exact same thing.. just tryin to help ya out though

We just did HG's on my car and the exact same thing happened and sure enough one of the plug wires was crossed. Switched them up and all was well.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the middle plug on the left side of the coil pack for cylinder#6 and the one infront of it #5?

Thanks discipled. Looks like it have it right.

I figured out that the cam has good lope at 900rpm when it is cold and when it warms up there isnt any but if i could get it to idle around 700 then it would be crazy :D .

I have a video clip of it, but i dont know how to post it. I have a video clip of races and the dyno too, but dont know how to post it.

Back