Coming along....

mcate

Hey gang, finally got a little decent weather! Got my exhaust manifolds bolted back on, & everything attached. Got my polished lower IC tube & intake adapter on. (Pic doesn't really do the shine justice) Blower, plenum, throttle body, & top are all ready to go on. Underdrive pulleys & aluminum jackshaft pulley are on. Still waiting on the new intercooler, which should arrive Tuesday or so. Also waiting on my alternator to get back from Mr Alternator in S.C., where it being chromed & rebuilt. And the top 2 tensioners, which are down in Texas getting polished by Wynn Carter. 2 more weeks or so, & she should be on the road!

Attachments

• DSC02025.JPG
    DSC02025.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC02022.JPG
    DSC02022.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 158
Nice Sunday today, so I decided to put the blower in. That inboard EGR bolt is responsible for all the nicks I now have on my hands, but I'm happy to report that it's all in & bolted down tight. Now I'm just waiting for the IC, alternator, & tensioners.

Attachments

• blowerinstall.jpg
    blowerinstall.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 120
Too much blingage for me!! :cool: Gotta wear the shades. Very nice man. Hope she performs the way you want her too.

Scott - Check your PM's...

Stephen

I'm an old musclecar head from the 70's, the era where it wasn't cool if it didn't shine. I want it to go fast AND look good!

...Mike .you are gonna love that MP blower.....put mine on yesterday along with the 85mm tbody........we are gonna have some fun!!!!!
z

z90sc said:
...Mike .you are gonna love that MP blower.....put mine on yesterday along with the 85mm tbody........we are gonna have some fun!!!!!
z

Man, just be glad you don't have EGR!
I think the mailman tried to deliver my intercooler today, but no one was home. I'll go pick it up tomorrow.

Man...are you guys gonna make me get the AR blower now! Damn :D

Actually, I just spent some loot and upgraded my brakes to the 13" Cobra package and I'm gonna get a set of drilled-slotted stock sized rotors for the rear just to bump them up a notch. If my spring break has good weather, then I might get to my tranny problem. Then at that point I'll probably get an aluminum driveshaft.

Congrats Z, now ya gotta take me for a ride.

You guys are going to convince me to go find another SC if you keep this up, or at least try to do something with this ZX2.

gunman_sr5 said:
You guys are going to convince me to go find another SC if you keep this up, or at least try to do something with this ZX2.

AJ Starling is selling his 35th Anniversary SC. It's a nice one!

NOt going to o back to another 35th next time. I don't want to mess with a limited like that. I want a plane old 5spd sc to modify.

Mike, How much did they charge you to polish your blower? I'm polishing parts now too and I like to compare prices and see where I should be. Also I have yet to see a blower done by a shop. I want to see it sometime so I can see what the competition looks like. LOL. But seriously I want to see it in person.

sho taurus said:
Mike, How much did they charge you to polish your blower? I'm polishing parts now too and I like to compare prices and see where I should be. Also I have yet to see a blower done by a shop. I want to see it sometime so I can see what the competition looks like. LOL. But seriously I want to see it in person.

I'll have the rest of my parts in in a couple of weeks, Kevin. Once it's running & we get some nice weather, I'l post a message for a spring get-together for lunch like we always do. Otherwise, you're welcome to come over to my house most any afternoon & check it out. I'm usually home in the afternoons. As for price, Charles at Magnum Powers charged me $300 for the polishing.

metalman said:
Man...are you guys gonna make me get the AR blower now! Damn :D

Actually, I just spent some loot and upgraded my brakes to the 13" Cobra package and I'm gonna get a set of drilled-slotted stock sized rotors for the rear just to bump them up a notch. If my spring break has good weather, then I might get to my tranny problem. Then at that point I'll probably get an aluminum driveshaft.

Congrats Z, now ya gotta take me for a ride.

Those brakes are gonna be excellent, Anthony. My Mustang stops a LOT better than my SC, just because of the dual piston calipers. I think the rotors are 11.5" too, vice 10.87" on the SC. I've been thinking about that 13" upgrade for a while now, but I'm not sure if I'll do it. If I do, I can't put my stock rims back on during the winter. I didn't do that this year, & I noticed some corrosion on the chrome yesterday. Next winter I intend to store the chrome wheels & put the stock ones back on. I might go with a dual piston setup & keep my original rotors.

13" Brakes

Metalman, did you have to change to the mustang bolt pattern to upgrade to the cobra brakes? Did you need to change out your front spindles too?

Brando

No, thank God. The brake system is made for our cars :) But I am changing my spindles over to the '93+/Mark VIII spindels. The company also grinds down the passenger side caliper at the bolt holes. Apparently, it needs to be done because the PBR's are too thick at that point. But, they do it for ya. It comes with duel piston PBR calipers too! Which are the same exact calipers from the Cobras. I got them from http://www.discbrakesrus.com

If you interested, the group buy MIGHT still be available on tccoa.com They company just bumped up there prices $100 to $650! We were lucky enought to hold the $550 price for the group buy + 15% off that. Like I said before-perfect timing.

I really like the SP performance rotors that Spinning Wheels-SC is selling on their Ebay store. They are stock sized rotors but available in slotted, cross drilled, diamond slotted, drill and slotted, etc, etc. I haven't bought them yet but soon I'm gonna grab a pair for the rears.

I cut the radiator bracket today & the new IC fits. It's compressed in there tight, but it's there. Kinda worries me that it goes all the way to the crossmember. Z, if I remember correctly yours doesn't extend that far forward, does it?
I think I know now why the shine on the IC isn't even. Brian, the guy who built it, wrote me & told me that the top of the front half is plate, & the back half is the original IC material. My old single polished IC didn't shine very well either. The back half of this one has pretty much the same appearance that my old one had. Guess I'm stuck with that look.

Attachments

• DSC02056.JPG
    DSC02056.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02057.JPG
    DSC02057.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 101
Well, while waiting on my alternator & tensioners to come in, I decided to go ahead & paint & install the cold air divider that I made over the winter. I used the CAD from Magnum Powers for 89-93's as a pattern, then modified it for my 95. Took quite a bit of cutting to get it to fit. And I had to make a new piece to seal off the back. It's just plain sheet metal right now, but I plan on trying to get my hands on some thicker grade aluminum or stainless steel here soon. And since I took my hood blanket out, I need to figure out a way to seal it when the hood is closed. I might try to get some adhesive-backed weatherstripping & stick it on the bottom of the hood. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• CAD.jpg
    CAD.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 117
Back