PDA

View Full Version : Better blower lube???????

95sc666
03-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Does anyone use a different supercharger lube than fords??? I,m changing mine & wondering if there is anything better.

Katoom
03-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Does anyone use a different supercharger lube than fords??? I,m changing mine & wondering if there is anything better.

Yes, GM sells "Supercharger Fluid" for their SSEI Bonnevilles, GTP's etc. Although I wouldn't say it is better, it is lower in cost. Any GM dealer should have it. The blowers on the GTP's are made by the same company, which is Eaton. The blower on the S/C's is an Eaton M90. Be sure to fill the fluid to the bottom on the threads on the check plug. I believe Ford has a longer life rating on their fluid, but it is also more expensive. I have been using the GM fluid for a couple of years now with no issues. In fact, my blower has never been apart and it has 189,000 miles on it. It runs quiet and smooth and makes about 13 psi boost still. I have replaced the snout seal behind the pulley once.

CMac89
03-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I used Mobile1 Jet engine oil. Its fully synthetic a tad bit thinner and I get it for free. I keep my eye on it and it keeps everything clean and it doesnt smell like something died in there like the supercharger oil does. It comes in a 2 quart container.

David Neibert
03-05-2005, 01:34 PM
BP 2380 turbine oil. You can get it online or at just about any airport. It's the oil they use in jet engines.

David

Slysc
03-05-2005, 09:25 PM
I've used Mobil 1 synthetic 0W-30 in mine for the last few years.