Guys, How does my car look?

Pearl Red XR7

I have just had some work done on my car and wanted to get some thoughts on it. Feel free to say what you think. Thanx!

Last edited:
under the right light, it goes from bright red to deep purple. The bad thing is people like to call it pink. Thanks for the thought.
:)

Here are some other pics.

Last edited:
I think some nice 89 xr7 rims would make it look 100 times better if you can get your hands on some. Good luck with her

I can't say I really like the paint. And the paint job on the wheels looks too...80s. Not my style, I guess. However, is the wood (or "wood") trim inside factory or added on? That much I DO like.

92TBurnSC said:
I can't say I really like the paint. And the paint job on the wheels looks too...80s. Not my style, I guess. However, is the wood (or "wood") trim inside factory or added on? That much I DO like.

Yes, the wood trim (that is really metal) is factory. I had to transfer it from the old gray door skins to the newer black skins so it would match my dash. And the paint is factory as well. I guess I like the wheels because it took me a week to strip and paint them, it only cost me $40. The old finish was falling off and they looked bad. But thanks for your take on it.

Last edited:
It looks pretty good. Not sure I would have painted my rear drums though but thats just me. Nice car!

Shane

Ok ok what i said was not nice. Plus I dont see rust holes in the rocker panels like mine has.

Last edited:
xr7rocket said:
Lol you shouldn't have said say what you think :)
Those wheels...I'd sooner be blindfolded with a dirty diaper than look at them.
And that color I hope it looks better in real life cuz it just looks like faded Pontiac red paint in the pics.
Exhaust looks nice :)

LOL, I hope you did not think I was expecting evreybody to say "wow, I love your car, I want one" I'm kinda surprised that more people like you have not steped to the plate. While I would love to have some nice 17" black spokes off tirerack.com, I just can't find my winning lotto ticket. The color is not my fav. but it was on the car when I bought it and I feel that I have made it and the wheels look as good as I can. Anyway, xr7rocket, I do thank you for your take on my car, good or bad.

Pearl Red XR7 said:
LOL, I hope you did not think I was expecting evreybody to say "wow, I love your car, I want one" I'm kinda surprised that more people like you have not steped to the plate. While I would love to have some nice 17" black spokes off tirerack.com, I just can't find my winning lotto ticket. The color is not my fav. but it was on the car when I bought it and I feel that I have made it and the wheels look as good as I can. Anyway, xr7rocket, I do thank you for your take on my car, good or bad.

Most people around here go by the....if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all, policy.

David

Personally....

Personally, I feel that everyone's opinion of their car is what they should go by. I remember doing things that I liked that others made fun of. Now they are popular.

I think it's a very nice color. Paint job must look great in changing light because I have Pearl White and it changes with lighting.

Good luck with your pride and joy!!!

Keep it shiny and away from parking lots!!

Don

Well, It is different :)

Hello,
I am glad that you like your car. That is all that matters anyway right?
It must ride a water bed with that lift and sidewall :)
I am sure when you roll into a little more cash you will dress her up real nice.
Good luck,
D Rainer

Back