10 sec V6 Mustang *VIDS*

V6Sprout

Not sure how many of you guys have heard of SuperSixMotorsports.com but they have a car they just finished and took it to the track Friday night, first pass ever ALL MOTOR was 12.08 its a 4.3 Stroker with a Windstar upper intake, split port heads as well. All in a 88 Mustang notch back stock suspension with a C4 tranny, dyno'd at somewhere around 280RWHP NA and with a 125 shot of nitrous around 380 RWHP. They onyl made 2 nitrous runs first one was 10.85 and the second was 11 flat, they still have more HP in the motor just need to upgrade the fuel system to keep up.

If anyone wants to see this car run it will be at the Southern V6 Ford Challenge on March 19th in Steele, Alabama

www.v6fordchallenge.com

http://www.degreedocs.com/vids/GreenFirstRun.MOV

http://www.degreedocs.com/vids/GreenCarRun.MOV

http://www.degreedocs.com/vids/Green1208@120.MOV

http://www.degreedocs.com/vids/Green1203.MOV

http://www.degreedocs.com/vids/1100green.MOV

http://www.degreedocs.com/vids/NitrousRun.MOV

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• greencar01.jpg
    greencar01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 194
  • greencar02.jpg
    greencar02.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 238
  • greencar03.jpg
    greencar03.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Very cool job on that car.

I just hope they're carrying a spare upper intake, in case they have a nitrous backfire!! ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Nice, imagine how much trash you could talk w/ that thing on the street. No blower or turbo, V6 powered. Even if someone knew about the nitrous they'd maybe think you had a 13 second car. Thats just AWESOME!

the windstar upper is slightly smaller then the truck upper and has shorter runners so it doesn't sit quite as high, other then that thye look very similar. The F150 upper won't clear the stock SN95 hood, it might clear thier cowl hood though, but there is probably a reason they went with the windstar upper over the F150, just not sure what that is right now :)

Who cares about what a nitrous car can do? It is like using heroin in your daily life just to get out of bed. This comes from a die-hard street and on the track drag racer. Any effin' retard can go quick with laughing gas, takes nearly no effort at all. In IHRA drag racing, the nitrous boys are crying non-stop about not being able to compete with the blown cars in Pro Mod, so the IHRA keeps changing the rules to favor the nitrous cars, the blown men just come up with another trick to go faster and quicker, it is really sort of humorous. Keep the nitrous in the dentists office where it belongs.

so it doesn't impress you the fact that a V6 ALL MOTOR can run faster then your BLOWN Supercoupe? It did run 12's all motor. :D Who is whinning now? haha just buggin, yeah Nitrous is the cheap way of getting HP but HP is HP, anyone can slap on a blower just like anyone can slap on Nitrous, but nitrous does require more then just slapping it on, tuning is still required for large shots of nitrous and upgraded fuel components, but in the end its the same result only a different route to get there. I prefer blowers over nitrous as well but the fact that a V6 can run that fast is amazing.

This particular car should be low 10's as soon as they upgrade the fuel system so it can keep up with the demand for more nitrous.

I agree, horsepower anyway you can get it is fun. But as old as I am, nitrous has always seemed like "cheating" to me. Not to mention nitrous is a whole hell of alot of trouble. If I had a dime for every under the hood explosion I have seen at the tree, I would not be worried about where my next meal is coming from.

yeah the back fires are what scare me to, ya never know when they might happen. I had nitrous but never installed it, I was only gonna use it for cooling purposes ont he SC motor, like a small 50 shot, but sold it to buy other performance mods.

Very good job! Say what you want, but how many lameass blown 11 sec V8 Mustangs get recognition all the time in magazines? I've NEVER seen a V6 Mustang get any press. This car deserves it. Imagine if you had seen that car at a track 10 years ago. People would have fallen over dead. BTW, how much does that thing weigh anyhow?

we have actually had lots of V6's get press, Pete Camples musatng got press a few years back in both MM and SF5.0, MMFF was SUPPOSE to come to the V6FC in Milan this past year to photoshot a V6 that was coming, but the stang couldn't make it so the mag didn't come :(

Mustang Enthusiast magazine has also featured 2 V6 stangs in the last year, one blown and one NA but a damn clean car, show winner. This car will get coverage iuts onyl a matter of time, MMFF already knows about the 10 sec passes the other day, I emailed them right away, I am hoping but not crossing my fingers that they come to the March 19th event in Alabama, the car they were gonna do a photoshot on in MIlan will be there, this 10 sec stang will be there, Pete Campbells low 11 sec stang is SUPPOSE to be there, Justins twin turbo 11 sec stang is trailering up. We have some damn fast cars coming in two weeks.

Even if the mag dsoesn't come they know I will be takin pics and sending them in so hopefully they cover it with our pics, we will have lots of pics taken this time around.

Not sure on curb weight, trying to find out now.

Here is the reason behind the Windstar plastic upper over the F150, this is a quote from the builder of the car:

Runners are shorter than F-150 and slightly smaller cross section, better internal finish at the runner-to-plenum junction, better hood clearance, lighter, re-usable o-ring gaskets...

Last edited:
More info on the car:

Curb weight 2575 with driver, full nitrous bottle, 6 gallons fuel, complete interior.

V6Sprout said:
More info on the car:

Curb weight 2575 with driver, full nitrous bottle, 6 gallons fuel, complete interior.

I find that weight hard to believe if it is in fact a "full interior" car. Curb weight on a similar V8 equipped car is quoted to be around 2800lbs as far as I know. Anyways, it's still pretty impressive.

V6Sprout said:
we have actually had lots of V6's get press, Pete Camples musatng got press a few years back in both MM and SF5.0, MMFF was SUPPOSE to come to the V6FC in Milan this past year to photoshot a V6 that was coming, but the stang couldn't make it so the mag didn't come :(

Mustang Enthusiast magazine has also featured 2 V6 stangs in the last year, one blown and one NA but a damn clean car, show winner. This car will get coverage iuts onyl a matter of time,
Well, I don't call that a "lot" of coverage considering that if you took all the V6 coverage ever given it wouldn't fill one mag. :rolleyes:

curb weight is realistic if the V8 is 2800, the V6 engine is about 150 lighter maybe more with a plastic upper, plus they have a tubular k-member as well.

As for mag coverage, thast only what I could think of off the top of my head, I have a whole bunch of V6 articles, not specifically just on one car, but V6 articles. We have 2 V6 Ford Challenges out of 3 covered, 2 V6 Shootouts done by a member of V6Power in Maryland, the MMFF V6 Mustang Shootout, the MMFF Supercoupe Shootout, countless articles on Morana, a Vortech blower install on a 99 mustng, the orginal Vortech article when it first came out fo the V6, SF5.0 did a V6POWER SECTION in the back of one of its mags, probably 8-10 pages on performance mods for the V6, I am not sure of ALL the articles in SF5.0 since I don't get it that often, or Mustang Enthusiast, I only know 3-4 in ME, 2 on just one guys car alone in the last year, and then the one on the guy in California. I know Coy Miller MUST have had an article written about him in the past.

We actually get more coverage then people think, considering its mainly a V8 world for Mustangs, the V6's do fairly well considering, we get at least 3-4 articles a year from what I can see. Not a lot in comparios to the 15-20 per magazine but not bad either.

We do need to see some more Supercoupe articles though I do agree with that. ONe way to get coverage is to go to events though, how many events do SC's go to, I am surprised teh SC Shootout has not gotten coverage yet, considering the large attendace you guys get there. Now if we had some 11 sec SC's at the V6FC or combined the SC Shootout with the V6FC the mag might be more willing to come, and it would be damn impressive to see the SC's outrunning a bunch of mustangs considering hte weights and other disadvantages the SC has compared to the Mustang.

Thats the whole point of the V6FC, to get attention for the V6, not just Mustangs. The more people we get to these events in a combined event the better, imagine 150 V6's at one event? Now thast gotta attract coverage, especially if its over a few races a year. We want to have the V6FC in at least 5 different places around the US, so all SC's could attend one or more of the events so no one misses out due to a 12-15 hour drive.

Last edited:
You have to admit those times are pretty wicked on an NA v6. I drive a 95 v6 stang. I am working on a twin turbo kit but won't be done for a while (money is tight while in college) I currently have a pretty good NA setup minus a tune and gears but left it open for a blower of some sort (I was originally going to do the M90 swap with a small twist to it)
I am not a fan of nitrous tho.... I wish they had built the thing to have turbos or a blower on it, I am just not a fan of nitrous.

These motors are so old school with pushrods and everything its almost embarrasing but we can put out some pretty decent power. This summer is going to be pretty damn big for the V6 stangs, alot of people are working on turbo kits. Dan is working on a 600hp turbo v6 stang! I would like to see you guys converting to some turbos.

Yes sir thats damned impressive for an antique pushrod design V6 motor.
I think Sprout may be on to something. The V6 community needs to get together at least 1 time a year for a big event. There is power in #'s gentlemen and without the #'s the V6 engines and cars arent going to get the press. Look at the ricers for example. Despise them all you want but they have several magazines all to themselves and thats because they have #'s.
They do not give a rats *** if you call them ricers or rice grinders because there having fun and the parts mfg'ers are runing over each other to make parts for them. Last time I looked Moroso did'nt make an oil pan for a Ford 3.8 but they do a Honda engine. Hell several plug wire mfg'ers make wires for Honda's and Mitsu's. How many make them for Ford 3.8's with DISS?

Really I think we need to organize a bit better. Alot of mustang guys have totally given up on the M90 due to the high performance we are seeing with the centrigugal blowers and turbos holy crap the turbos!
We need more connections between boards. We have basically the same damn engine! You guys have stronger internals than use tho, maybe we should market more to you guys. Tuxmaskandy is making a turbo kit for the stangs, it should work with you guys as well.

What do you guys use for FMIC's??
How about injectors and MAF's?

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you defend the press Jamie, I've been getting 5.0 mag for a couple years now and I read MM&FF semi regularly and I've seen crap for V6 people. I don't have a point to make about SuperCoupes, it's not about that. It's the fact that press and popularity follow each other hand in hand. You simply cannot tell me that it would hurt sales any if one of those mags actually put out some effort to promote the "other side" of the Mustang.

Our cars would be much more popular and the V6 would get a lot more attention if they would actually print the odd thing about them. Have the magazines ever interviewed Coy Miller? Hmmm, he's only been doing V6's that make serious power for about 15 years. He's the only one I know of ever to put the SC motor on an engine dyno. How about the SC that competes 0 - 160 - 0? How about the SC's that road race? How about Jim's SC that runs 11's and at least looks stock? How about George's totally remanufactured and absolutely stunning SWB? How about Chris' SC spitting exhaust valves out the tailpipes while running 11.1's ? There are lots of things worth printing in the V6 world but they don't want to hear about any of it.

You just can't tell me that with the number of V6 Mustangs floating around that a little extra press wouldn't benefit sales of magazines. If the magazines cared about anything other than the advertisers who buy space in them they'd have articles about V6's regular enough that we wouldn't have to watch these boards to see what the latest thing is for our motors. Imagine if we didn't have the internet? We'd have no idea that there was more than 3 other V6 enthusiasts in the entire world.

I just don't buy it. The magazines have been extremely biased and they are not interested in what we have to offer. 5.0 magazine went so far as to say to a subscriber who was asking for an article on a Mustang II that had a ton of upgrades that they were not interested in any Mustang that did not include a 5.0 as an available engine. I can dig out the quote if you like. I did not renew my subscription because of that comment.

Maybe I am a little sore that they called the Tbird shootout "A Shootout for the Birds". It was no accident that they shose those words and no accident either that we have not been invited back. For me the fact that they also did not show up at V6C3 was really just the icing on the cake. It's not right to say you will cover an event and then not show up just because the star player didn't make it.

Fortunately our lives don't revolve around magazine coverage! I just think it is crap that we have to force the magazines to recognize that the V6 can do anything. If they were doing their job they would be looking for fresh new things to put on their pages, not just the same old "lets see how we can get 400hp out of a V8 AGAIN" for the 7th time in one magazine. Once again I have to take up the position that Magazine readers must be cattle and sheep because heaven forbid something different show up on the pages. :rolleyes:

Back