new injectors?

super89

i need to know every part i will need to put 42lb injectors in my car(89 sc).or 50lb injectors.

o

thanks,
Bill

Last edited:
the injectors, and a MAF calibrated to your injectors. i think thats all you need. Make sure you really need injectors that big...42lb injectors are good for just over 400rwhp, 50lb injectors will support just over 500rwhp I believe.

You will need a computer chip too. Anything over 25% bigger than the size you had before you have to get tuned.

what is the biggest ones i can get where i dont need to get a computer chip an my car is basically stock.

super89 said:
what is the biggest ones i can get where i dont need to get a computer chip an my car is basically stock.
Well...going by what Cmac89 said and assuming your car is an 89 from your name then you can do the math. You can go 25% over stock. if you do ineed have an 89 then you have 30# injectors. 30*1.25 = 37.5 There you have it, you can go upto 37.5lbs injectors. My guess is that 38's would be fine, anyone know for sure?

super89 said:
what size maf will i need and is the injectors an maf the only things for sure?
i would go up in size from the stock MAF, and if you are going to do that you should do the TB also, just for air flow purposes, although you don't have to.
The size of the MAF is not so important in relation to your injector size, instead it is relevant to your power output. The more power you make, the more airflow you want/need. The seller or manufacturer of the MAF will need to know what injectors you are running, and he will calibrate the MAF accordingly.

As far as MAF size, that's up to you. Whatever is available on the market - Pro-M, C&L, or a Ford MAF. I would try to have it go with your throttle body, whether you plan to upgrade that or not, if you haven't already.

At the very least, a MAF calibrated for the injectors but I would recommend a chip to make things right. Just out of curiousity, what are your mods to warrant new injectors?

-Andy "Melon"

91supacoop said:
i would go up in size from the stock MAF, and if you are going to do that you should do the TB also, just for air flow purposes, although you don't have to.
The size of the MAF is not so important in relation to your injector size, instead it is relevant to your power output. The more power you make, the more airflow you want/need. The seller or manufacturer of the MAF will need to know what injectors you are running, and he will calibrate the MAF accordingly.
I would also change an intake tube!

i have just lots of little mods an my 30 injectors are going so i am just goin to get the 38lb ones becuse i dont want the stock ones.

or should i get 36lb ones.and u guys are saying i just have to drop in the injectors and i can leave every thing else alone.(just wanna make sure)

you can use 38# injectors without tuning, but if you get 42's or higher you will need tuning.

The Big Question.......

WHY ARE YOU CHANGING THE INJECTORS????????

Are they bad??? Want more power????

Injectors deliver the fuel to the engine. The 30 lb injectors that are in an SC are MORE THAN ENOUGH for a stock motor. If you are trying to modify the car.....then look at many other things besides injectors before doing them.

Changing the injectors means:

1) different MAF since the fuel is calibrated by volume of air.

2) computer tuner or chip since the stock computer will not allow you to run the injectors and run well.

3) You must have over 250 rwhp since this is the only reason to change the stock injectors.....

Before changing things, check your facts and get some opinions.

In my opinion, Don't change them unless their broken.

I'm running a modified motor and until I installed a ported blower, I run the stock 36 lb injectors (95 SC), and had no problem. This was with a moderately modified motor (260 rwhp).

If you need some really good upgrades for your car, try better exhaust, raised top, ported blower, in that order.

Good luck,

If you have questions, feel free to call and ask....

Don

(973) 277-4294

my stock ones are bad.or should i just pick up new stock one becuse i need to do this soon.i just thought i should get ones a little bit bigger

Last edited:
What are your future plans for mods? And can you afford the MAF and chip to go with them right now? You can usually get a set of used 30's pretty cheap since the early SC's use them.

In case your interested - if you decide to use stock 30's and want to upgrade MAF's, I may have a 75mm that I'll be selling soon.

-Andy "Melon"

super89 said:
my stock ones are bad.or should i just pick up new stock one becuse i need to do this soon.i just thought i should get ones a little bit bigger

Just buy a used set of 30s from classified section. There is no point in going to larger injectors if you don't need them. The stock injectors will support 300 rwhp. At a minimum you will need a correctly calibrated MAF (matched to new injector size).

BTW, Why do you think they are going bad ? They may just need a couple tanks of gas and some injector cleaner.

David

i am going to get a new t/b and maf,new super charger(posiblie)(not sur wha kind yet),fule injectors,headers and exsaust that is what i want to doin the next 4 months.

Back