I quit..

XR7Kurt said:
Well, if Rick quits then I quit!

Kurt

If Kurt quits...then I...wait...where's the downside?

I've always wondered if you can get kicked out of the club...I figure if you can I'm on the bubble...;)

I think Rick's departure was a result of him and George (admin) arguring over the SCCoA site having problems.

I know Rick “I think” pretty well and he’s a good guy, I‘ve had a good amount of e-mail contact with George also (which does allot of volunteer work to keep this site going). I think maybe Rick was quick to e-mail out that it “This crap is getting old were well over a month now and it's still going on!!!” which may be true. :confused: And quick for George to post that: “If you are completely dissatisfied with the service here, we always offer a no questions asked refund of your dues.” Which seem to be a harsh response.

This community is so small that we should try to work together all bit more. It’s tough to try and get on the site and have it running slow (I’m lucky because for the most part it’s been good for me) and it’s also tough to be donating your time trying to work though problems and have post’s shooting your efforts down. I think they are trying to correct the problems as fast as possible. Nobody wants a slow site.....

Just my 2 cent worth, for what it’s worth..

Flip said:
I‘ve had a good amount of e-mail contact with George also (which does allot of volunteer work to keep this site going). .

This is none of my business but since it's on a public forum I thought I'd add just a couple thoughts.

"They" as it refers to the SCCOA administration are George and Ron. Two people who have full time occupations and are maintaining this site for absolutely no renumeration of any kind. Keep that in mind when you get feeling cranky about what they may or may not be doing or how fast they may be doing it.

I've also been bothered by the extremely slow response of the site over the past month or so, but other than to make sure that George and Ron are aware of the problem (which the thread in SCCOA Website forum addresses) then there is nothing else to do other than trust that they are working on a solution the best they can in the time they have available. I'm sure glad that neither of them have quit in the 6 years I've been around!

Remember, this is a free site that is being run for free. Those of us who do pay for membership do so simply because we want to support the community, not because we are paying people to run and monitor the performance of this site 24/7. That distinction needs to be made.

I hope no one really leaves, I like the people I meet here and I value the exchanges that take place, but each to their own of course.

:)

Geez, all this has been going on? For how long? Shows you how bad my powers of observation are these days. I was definitely out of the loop I guess.

I honestly thought Rick's comment was something humorous initially, but now it seems he meant it?

I don't know guys, it's sad that's all.

As for the site being slow, I haven't personally had any problems, but my cable connection is very fast these days, so perhaps if I had dial-up I would have noticed.

I started recently realizing that when two of the most active posters (Rick and Nick) stopped posting, something was up for sure. I don't know how related they are in this, as to cause. I hope it's for different reasons.

Oh well, stuff happens. Rick, I hope you come back to us and work it out. My experience with George is that he tries his best to please everyone (ditto with Ron), and we all know that's not possible every time. Feelings get hurt. I just can't imagine George not caring about the issue, just perhaps having a hard time getting it solved.

If you truly quit Rick, I have enjoyed your posts and your dedication to the SCCoF. Take care, I hope we meet up again.

onequiksc said:
As for the site being slow, I haven't personally had any problems, but my cable connection is very fast these days, so perhaps if I had dial-up I would have noticed..

I have dial up and I don't see a problem with the site anymore. Sometimes I would rarely get the "server busy try again later" but not with in the last 3 weeks or so and I post daily.

As far as Nick goes his quick departure has nothing to do with Rick or the site issues.

I won't debate this issue here any more because it is clear that the original poster is not around to answer what really happened and he is the only one that will know. The only point I was trying to make is that if someone goes off after only one exchange where both parties may have been a bit "cranky", there is really nothing that I can do about it.

The dues back guarantee is really the only thing we have to offer members who are dissatisified. I'm sure most people realize that I am not in the business of running off members. In the past we have gone way out of the way to maintain individuals as members!

Back