Hello from new member.

MikeKanterakis

SCCoA Member
Hey guys, my wife and I are moving to the Newark, NJ area, and wanted to say hello. Linda got a promotion with Verizon, and now we're re-locating to Newark. Any tips on where to live that's close to DownTown Newark? We're looking to buy a Condo or townhome (you know, something with a garage so I can work on the birds). Can't wait to see everyone at the next meet. :)

That's quite a relocation! I hope once you get settled you can start coming to our njtacc meets! When are you moving out here?

As far as where to look for a place - that's a tough one if you want to be near Newark, NJ. It depends on what type of area you'd want to live in - urban, suburban, rural? Newark is pretty hardcore urban, but some of the surrounding areas are decent, though can be expensive. Just north of Newark there are places like Bellville, Nutley, North Arlington, Lyndhurst that are nice neighborhoods. Less than 20 minutes south are some really nice areas like Cranford, Clark, Westfield, etc. I grew up in Bayonne which is less than 15 minutes from downtown Newark, but didn't care for it too much... All these areas generally have condos and townhomes around. I would avoid places like the Oranges, Elizabeth, Linden, Harrison, Irvington.

Anyway, good luck and check out our website at www.njtacc.com (NJ Thunderbird and Cougar Club).

Mike, know it well!!!!!

I live in North Arlington, about 15 minutes to downtown Newark. It's actually Southern Bergen County (VERY NICE AREA). Lyndhurst, Rutherford, both close and easy access to Newark area. I also worked in the Verizon building in Newark!!!!

Anyway, if you need some help in locating a place, my friend is a realtor and could help you. Also, try looking in Realtors in the area. I will post some names for you tomorrow and websites.

Hope to see you at the meets coming up!!!

And at Carlisle!!!!!!!!!! 93 spot!!!

Don

(973) 277-4294

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. We need to be there by the 28'th the latest. So, we should be there a little bit before so we can find somewhere to stay, and unpack.

I like the fact that a lot of those places you guys mentioned were close to Newark. We're not decided on whether to take NJ Transit, or drive into town. You guys mentioned some places that were 15 to 20 minutes to Downtown Newark. Is that during rush hour / Traffic, or ?

I'll definately make it to some of the meets. Can't say I'll go to all of them, but it would be nice to touch base with some of you after I get there.

Don, it would be great to get your Realtor friend's number. We're gonna end up helping someone's fee, so might as well make it a friend. ;)

Back