Underdrive pulleys

ben04

having these installed takes power away from accessories etc and puts more power to the rear wheels, from what i understand. i have a sound system in my car, 2 12 inch JL audio subs, stock speakers etc, will this become weakened due to underdrives?

yes it would.... then again u should install a CAPACITOR on ur SUB so ur lights wont dim when u bump the music... just a thought... but then again why would u wanna underdrive the water pump... seeing as how hot this car runs after the SC kicks in.... hmmm

I have SCI underdrives and have NEVER had a cooling problem. On the other hand I have a 180 thermostat and dual fan controls. One the things you should do is get the car to run cooler and put in a 180 thermostat. If your A/C does not work get rid of it all and it will run much cooler.

No problems here with UDs and overheating. I drove it all last summer which was a burning hot one here. Not once did my temperature get above "o" in NORM. The only time it has ever got up to R is a very long high boost/speed run but that's different.

SCaddict said:
If your A/C does not work get rid of it all and it will run much cooler.

is there an a/c delete kit to delete the compressor just disconnect everything and remove condensor?

acb92sc said:
is there an a/c delete kit to delete the compressor just disconnect everything and remove condensor?
I left the condenser and got rid of everything else. There is an A/C delete pulley you can get and it makes working on the right side of the motor much easier. I got rid of the A/C condenser, ran a intercooler fan and I ran 1 sec quicker in the 1/4 mile. :D

streetdragon said:
Do you have to change the stock belts when putting on the underdrive pullies or do you just use the stock ones?
Like David said, you use the stock belts. In the event the belt touches at the waterpump (as they ride very close together) just add a few washers to the A/C compresser and move it out about 1/2" from the bracket and it will add some room for clearance.

Grims95SC said:
No problems here with UDs and overheating. I drove it all last summer which was a burning hot one here. Not once did my temperature get above "o" in NORM. The only time it has ever got up to R is a very long high boost/speed run but that's different.

does your temp gauge on normal driving conditions ever hit O and sit straight up at a right angle? the hightest mine has ever got was the start of the "O" in NORM. usually it'll stay on the N.....maybe my gauge is ****ed or it just runs really cool? :cool:

Mine is the same. Like I said unless I'm running at max boost for a long time I won't hit "R". Normally its at "N" but it's been months since I drove it last so I can't remember exactally. :(

Back